Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1992 Western States

outerlimits

• 8 months later...

I just stumbled across these threads and totally agree...Reno's Sierra Nevada Pistol League put on a really, really great match. The Western States, and the Golden Gate matches also mentioned in your other threads, were well done and sure to put a smile on your face. :D Lots of fun, lots of great times, and lots of good people.

I saw the uzi side match mentioned in the other Western States thread and did that as well in '91, luck was on my side that day 'cuz I placed well enough to pay for the match with a little extra left over. Surprised the heck out out of me because right after I shot it I didn't think I did that well and remember saying to my shooting buddy that I would have done better with my pistol.

Attached is a pic of a Western States shirt from '92. I may still have the ones from '89,'90 and '91. As I recall they used the same logo and only changed the year and then added the "Ten Year Anniversary" statement on the '92 shirt. Just to add to the nostalgia I pulled out a couple old IPSC guns I shot at the Western States matches. The top one is a CGW .45 with the horse-shoe comp, and the bottom is a .38 super that started life with iron sights and ended up with a Ross Dean modified Tasco on it. ( I also shot a then new caspian hi-cap, but since they are still around the nostalgia factor is pretty low)

Anyway, thanks for the memories... I feel like I just dusted off an old '57 chevy and took it for a spin around the block! :cheers:

(edited to correct my fat fingered typing)

post-9934-0-17243300-1325377495_thumb.jp

Edited by Bamboo

• 1 year later...

Way cool... Thanks for letting me know abt outterlimits vids. Being a member of SNPL during the WSC run was great!!!!!!

I ended up in salem or. And Will the shoeMan is in washington selling his barrels, Kevin last I saw was stilll doing t his KKM thing in Reno.

With all the new preppers-Hell I was prepped before Prepping was cool-and the Newtown shooting and the possible bans in place.... It getting hard and spendy to get stuff to reload just to shoot matches these days!!!!!

Hell I rode out the cliton ban I'll ride out this one!

Way cool... Thanks for letting me know abt outterlimits vids. Being a member of SNPL during the WSC run was great!!!!!!

I ended up in salem or. And Will the shoeMan is in washington selling his barrels, Kevin last I saw was stilll doing t his KKM thing in Reno.

With all the new preppers-Hell I was prepped before Prepping was cool-and the Newtown shooting and the possible bans in place.... It getting hard and spendy to get stuff to reload just to shoot matches these days!!!!!

Hell I rode out the cliton ban I'll ride out this one!

• 2 years later...

Wow .... Very Cool. I shot every Western States Match and was lucky enough to win a gun each time. What a Prize Table they had.

Also shot every Golden Gate Match and all subsequent Reunion (FAME) Matches. Lots of Great Memories. Thanks for posting.

Did any of you guys shoot the infamous stage with the Piano and the full size doll you have to put in the box? Then the total mind game set of ports....

I remember the guns and a "Gift Certificate" to the Moonlight Bunny ranch being prizes! :D

• 1 year later...