Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Guilt?

JerryShoots

I felt a bunch of guilt about going back to school.

I worked all day, school 3 nights a week, study the rest. My wife was really on the back burner. She supported me in this. The real guilt came from the fact that I really liked going to school and studying.

But your guilt about shooting is chewing a the back of your brain. It impacts your shooting, and based on your info I feel it is really misplaced.

You are one of the good guys.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember life is to short you blink and 10 years go by.You should not feel guilty as long as you are not harming any one.

Just remember enjoy the moment it might not come again.Shooting is fun no reason to get worked up over it.

• 4 weeks later...

No and here is why. The money I spend is after all mine and is what's left over from my financial obligations. Everybody has their hobby and mine is the shooting sports and there is nothing wrong with having a hobby. Its simply healthy. It makes you a well rounded person. It's been great for my blood pressure and overall health as it keeps me somewhat physically active. Plus it's about the only sport left I can do other then floating a bobber in the nearest lake. The shooting sports is also a great way to spend time with family. Family time without cell phones,video games and the other distractions facing us today is simply precious and since most ranges are probably outdoors and in the country you get the benefits of getting out the city to boot.

• 3 weeks later...

I felt the "guilt" from time to time. I stopped competing for 20 years so I could raise my kids and afford to put food on the table. After the Boys were old enough I started shooting again and spent a solid year and half setting stages, training and shooting with my Sons Nick and John. My son Nick told some friends it was the best time he had ever had and was really gratefull for the time we spent together. His friend told me that at Nicks funeral. Nick was killed two days after helping me set up stages at a steel match. I had no idea how important the time I had been spending with my sons shooting was until that moment. Forget the guilt, have fun and share it with those you love and I suggest you do it NOW. Im so glad I got that year and a half and no longer regret a nickle I spend on shooting. J

I've dealt with some guilt from time to time. It seems if I feel I'm missing something by being at a match, it really affects my performance. I have two boys, and just recently started letting my oldest go to the range occasionally. He really enjoys it, and I think it helps to build character, as there is a lot of responsibility associated with firearms. This has helped me with the guilt issue somewhat, and I always try to do something kind of special with the family before or after a match.