Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dream about shooting

Erik S.

I always have dreams about shooting. Going through a stage, shooting all A's, slow motion, you name it. BUT, last night, I had a horrible nightmare! I dremt that I was at the range doing some chrono work and I let some yay-hoo measure his velocities. I didn't know the guy in real life...his image and identity is foggy now, I just knew he was some random guy. Anyway, he shot RIGHT THROUGH both sensors on my chrono!!! I was so upset, mainly at myself because I let him shoot through my chrono. After I woke up, it took me a minute to decide if that really did happen and I was just dreaming about it or if the WHOLE thing was a dream. Of course, I realized that my chrono was fine after a few minutes of semi-concious pondering.

All my shooting dreams have been positive, till this one!!! LOL

Any interpretations? :roflol:

Edited by Erik S.

I always have dreams about shooting. Going through a stage, shooting all A's, slow motion, you name it. BUT, last night, I had a horrible nightmare! I dremt that I was at the range doing some chrono work and I let some yay-hoo measure his velocities. I didn't know the guy in real life...his image and identity is foggy now, I just knew he was some random guy. Anyway, he shot RIGHT THROUGH both sensors on my chrono!!! I was so upset, mainly at myself because I let him shoot through my chrono. After I woke up, it took me a minute to decide if that really did happen and I was just dreaming about it or if the WHOLE thing was a dream. Of course, I realized that my chrono was fine after a few minutes of semi-concious pondering.

All my shooting dreams have been positive, till this one!!! LOL

Any interpretations? :roflol:

Waking life is confusing enough. Dreams, shmeams, I always say. ;)

I will get a rash of *hit with razing, but If you think the good dream help you thin you also have and will have a concern with a the bad one hits you. I have woke up from some that were so real, I stayed angry and on edge for most of the day.

And having a few mid range dreams play out in near exact copy in real life, gives me cause to pay -some- attention to the dreams. So I take action to change my path and the out come was when it played out was not bad.

When your at the Crono stage the Ro does not let you shoot the gun = he shoots it.

I have never had a dream about shooting that I shoot all As I have shot all As but never dreamed about it, my life is much better than my dreams

I have a reoccuring dream of setting up a 60 round course of fire in a Sears store. Targets backed by clothing racks to stop shoot throughs. The 180 was suspended and the store was not closed. Nobody cared if it rained or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a reoccuring dream of setting up a 60 round course of fire in a Sears store. Targets backed by clothing racks to stop shoot throughs. The 180 was suspended and the store was not closed. Nobody cared if it rained or not.

OMG!!! WAT!!! LOL!!!!

(I'm a mess after reading that!!!)

tears in my eyes and everyting

i always have a dream that im setting up a field course around my house, and I have bullet traps behind all my targets, and i shoot it in slowmo but it ends up being like 3 seconds flat for a 32 round stage or something crazy like that. oh and im shooting a singlestack! B)

• 2 weeks later...

I have dreams about doing something stupid at a match like breaking the 180, AD's, or dropping my gun and picking it up myself. I take them real serious because i feel that my dreams are warning me to pay attention to the things that could go wrong. I had a dream about breaking the 180 once and the match the next weekend we found what turned out to be basically a 180 trap. but since it was fresh in my mind i stopped before i broke the 180 and we changed the stage around so that it wasn't there anymore. it is wicked how dreams work but in my opinion just keep a eye out on what you do that has to do with the dream.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 2 shooting related dreams that have both happened (is that what dreams do, happen?) a few times.

One is that I'm bringing a new shooter to a match and I can't find the range. For some reason I just keep driving around getting more embarrassed and finally it gets so late that we don't make the match. No idea.....

The second one is that I'm shooting in Production and just burning the stages down. Not like real life shooting when everything goes well, but I'm talking super human burning the stages down. Like Sevigny X 10. Running, sliding into position, Travis reloads, 40 yarders, that kinda thing. If I never woke up from that one life would be ok.

I have a similar recurring dream of setting up a match in somebody's house. 1 stage in the living room, another in the kitchen. A big field course in the back yard. There are no berms and the walls aren't bulletproof. It's just a normal house. Somehow we never get around to firing a shot in my dreams.

Sounds like a performance anxiety dream.

They say you have recurring dreams about things that you perceive as having performance issues with. Forgetting the high school locker combination/location is my personal favorite.

Right after I started competing and sometimes carrying concealed, I would have dreams of being attacked by bad guys and the bullets would just fall to the ground or the gun didn't work.

After competing and carrying a while, they went away.

Read it in a book somewhere.

I hate books.

You haven't shot your chrono have you?

David E.