BBoyle Ty33537 Limited 77.72%

HighVelocity TY62898 LTD 76.71%

StraighUp-OG A64956 Open 75.01%

ausshooter TY63272 Limited 73.97%

Mike4045 A42337 L10 72.00%

redbird1976 A58560 Limited 68.43%

Victor R A71096 Single Stack U

Hoolihan TYF66791 Limited U

The update has posted! Facelessman has shot up the leaderboard with some strong performances, but it's still anyone's race. Keep up the good work everyone!

Shot an all classifier match last weekend in Prod and Lim. Couple dismal performances in Lim, but had one 85.x%. The overall "match" I actually beat myself, with a stock G17 and WWB ammo, lol.

There's another all classifier match in two weeks. If it doesn't happen in Limited that weekend, it won't be happening for a while. I'll more than likely be shooting Production the rest of the year (maybe some L10 in there too).

Put an 83 out on sunday. This is going to be hard... I was thinking about it a little harder. I haven't even done anything as an A yet. Am I ready to be M? I hate to have the card and my skill level not be on par? Not that I'm going to sandbag anything, but being a Master and shooting like a master may be different.

My theory is that it's really hard to get bumped to M. If I put in a lot of work and my scores say I'm a master, then maybe my skills have improved to the point that I'm an M. It's going to be a lot of work, that's for sure. If I get the M card and get spanked at matches, well that will just make me work that much harder.

• 2 weeks later...

Put an 83 out on sunday. This is going to be hard... I was thinking about it a little harder. I haven't even done anything as an A yet. Am I ready to be M? I hate to have the card and my skill level not be on par? Not that I'm going to sandbag anything, but being a Master and shooting like a master may be different.

I made M a little while back, and boy did I not feel ready for it---I thought that I could only consistently shoot A-level. (And occasionally B. :( )

Went to a couple of majors, however, (A3 and Nationals) and found out that indeed, I was ready.

If you practice classifiers to get good at classifiers and make M, that is one thing. But if you practice shooting and then on classifiers make M---then even if you don't feel like you shoot M-level all the time, you will still be shooting well enough to run with the M-folks.

You may not be winning :) but you'll be in the right crowd at the end of the match.

I made M a little while back, and boy did I not feel ready for it---I thought that I could only consistently shoot A-level. (And occasionally B. :( )

Went to a couple of majors, however, (A3 and Nationals) and found out that indeed, I was ready.

If you practice classifiers to get good at classifiers and make M, that is one thing. But if you practice shooting and then on classifiers make M---then even if you don't feel like you shoot M-level all the time, you will still be shooting well enough to run with the M-folks.

You may not be winning :) but you'll be in the right crowd at the end of the match.

Well said...

No sooner than race began there has been an update to the standings, and it's tightening up at the top!

bigbear_98 TY52609 Limited 79.77%

beltjones A69269 Production 79.54%

ausshooter TY63272 Limited 73.14%

Not everyone can wish to sandbag in the A's forever... Join this race to M class, and command the respect of your peers, your fellow shooters, your colleagues, and your friends. And remember, the girls at the water cooler in the office have no idea what an A class shooter is, but they all know what a Master class shooter is.

Mark me down please..

A-15883

Open 81.87

Prod 78.34

Since this is my first year in USPSA it will probably be more like my race to "B", but I could use the accountablity. If its not too late to start I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

John Dearing - A-71151 - Unclassified

You're more than welcome to join this race to M, but there is also a race to A going on if you're interested. Join whichever one you wish. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Since this is my first year in USPSA it will probably be more like my race to "B", but I could use the accountablity. If its not too late to start I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

John Dearing - A-71151 - Unclassified

You're more than welcome to join this race to M, but there is also a race to A going on if you're interested. Join whichever one you wish. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well...unless there's an objection I guess I'll stick around here. Might as well aim high.

Shot a classifier match in Idaho Falls on the weekend. My best stage was an 89.83% (CM 09-10). Best 4 averaged 78.22% :D

First time being able to shoot outside since November, can't complain about that.

The results are in! Several people moved up in percentage, but the big story is flack jacket's surge to a commanding lead.

flack jacket A15883 Open 83.49%

bigbear_98 TY52609 Limited 81.91%

beltjones A69269 Production 80.70%

facelessman TY66681 Limited 80.55%

Mike4045 A42337 Limited 78.91%

Dagger10k A67007 Limited 78.85%

Hoolihan TYF66791 Limited 78.35%

BBoyle Ty33537 Limited 77.22%

HighVelocity TY62898 LTD 76.71%

StraighUp-OG A64956 Open 75.01%

ausshooter TY63272 Limited 73.86%

redbird1976 A58560 Limited 73.31%

pastorjohnd A71151 Single Stack U

On an administrative note, I culled the second entry for anyone who was shooting in two divisions. Sorry if that's an annoyance to anyone.

Ok, now for my personal update. I shot a couple of good classifiers in the last month, one that was in the 80's that helped bump me up a point. The other was 09-01, which I smoked but it only came out to a 75%. That one is kind of a joke if you're shooting Production or Revolver.

And last Saturday I drove 60 miles to a match and was feeling very good, except that somehow I slept funny on my left wrist the night before and it was extremely sore in the morning. After the first two stages it had been aggravated to the point of a full-on sprain, and I called it quits for the day. Several days later I still can't grip a gun! So now I'm "rehabbing" and hoping I can get back in the saddle sooner than later (and practicing strong-hand-only dryfire, muahahahaha...).

• 2 weeks later...

I have realized I can shoot nearly as fast and as accurate as local GM's. I just can't keep my head on long enough to be consistant. Another thing to work on.