Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Race to M Class!

beltjones

Ok, let's do this. The winner gets a present from Sedro with the letter "M" next to his name. If you want to enter, just post with your USPSA number and the division you're "racing" in. You don't have to be an A to join - all are welcome.

There aren't really any "rules," per se. Shoot as many matches as you can, practice all you can, and let the chips fall where they may. The idea is to motivate ourselves to truly become better shooters, and let our improved skills manifest themselves in higher match finishes and better classifier performance, so no grandbagging, people.

Here are the contestants (so far):

bigbear_98 TY52609 Limited 79.77%

beltjones A69269 Production 78.70%

Get your engines started, join the race, and post your training regimen and techniques!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sooner than race began there has been an update to the standings, and it's tightening up at the top!

beltjones A69269 Production 79.54%

ausshooter TY63272 Limited 73.14%

Victor R A71096 Single Stack U

Not everyone can wish to sandbag in the A's forever... Join this race to M class, and command the respect of your peers, your fellow shooters, your colleagues, and your friends. And remember, the girls at the water cooler in the office have no idea what an A class shooter is, but they all know what a Master class shooter is.

Edited by beltjones

I nominate aushooter!!!

Edit to add that i like this

And remember, the girls at the water cooler in the office have no idea what an A class shooter is, but they all know what a Master class shooter is.

Edited by bigbear_98

And remember, the girls at the water cooler in the office have no idea what an A class shooter is, but they all know what a Master class shooter is.

:roflol:

Seriously, isn't this true? I think IDPA hit the nail on the head with their class names. I proudly display my IDPA Texas State Championships 1st Place Marksman trophy. People think "Marksman" = awesome (unless they're Marines and they know better...). Now I'm an IDPA Expert, which sounds really good.

When I made B in USPSA it was frustrating to try to explain to people that B shooters are actually really good. "Oh, what's the order of classifications?" They'd say. "It goes D, C, B, A, M, GM." I'd say. "Oh, so B means you're average." "Yes, average compared to the best in the world, but people at public ranges think I'm Jason Bourne!!!! Aaaaaaahhhhh!"

On second thought I think I might have too much ego tied up in this thing. :P :P :P

What a coincidence, one of my goals for the year was to make M by the end! Are there any rules? Does it matter if you make it through a major match win or through classifiers? I'll be your huckleberry :) Thanks bigbear....

No rules. Just don't grandbag the classifiers (you know, shooting them over and over until you get the score you want).

I just need your USPSA number so I can update the standings.

Ok Andy, I'll throw in. Just barely made A in Limited on the last update. I still have a couple of low scores dragging me down because I don't get to shoot as many matches as I'd like. If I make M in 2011 that would be sweet but realistically, I'll be thrilled to get over 80% considering that shooting doesn't fit into my schedule very well right now. One or two matches a month and zero practice time makes Gary a dull boy.

Gary Jones TY62898 LTD 76.71%

OK, I'll play. I shoot IPSC up here in Canada and have only shot 1 USPSA match so far. (2010 Desert Classic)

I have a bunch of USPSA matches planned for 2011 as well as my first classifier in Idaho Falls in April.

Git 'R Done!

Scott Penner TYF66791

Limited U

Edited by HOOLIHAN

Count me in.

Member Number: A64956

OPEN Class: A Pct: 75.94 High Pct: 75.94

Classifier's and I have a love/hate thing going on but I never reshoot them. I gets what I get!

I just shot a low A score on one this weekend and may drop my % just a bit but it should stay above 75%.

-Erick

Sweet! The field for this horse race is rounding out!

beltjones A69269 Production 79.54%

facelessman TY66681 Limited 78.73%

Mike4045 A42337 Limited 77.06%

HighVelocity TY62898 LTD 76.71%

StraighUp-OG A64956 Open 75.94%

ausshooter TY63272 Limited 73.14%

Mike4045 A42337 L10 72.00%

Victor R A71096 Single Stack U

Hoolihan TYF66791 Limited U

• 2 weeks later...

Tanked 99-42 this weekend. :angry: Normally a pretty easy one. Damn steel kept moving. Maybe it had holes! Still have 3 more about 80 to 85% going in next update. Maybe the class with Max and Travis next weekend will help.

Mike

Tanked 99-42 this weekend. :angry: Normally a pretty easy one. Damn steel kept moving. Maybe it had holes! Still have 3 more about 80 to 85% going in next update. Maybe the class with Max and Travis next weekend will help.

Mike

It sure won't hurt. :cheers:

I've tanked two in a row, but I refuse to beat myself up over it. In my opinion, they were both classifiers that are nearly impossible to ace.

At least that's what I tell myself about some of them...