Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjusting the Timer on the RF-100

EricW

For anyone with an RF-100 whose timer runs a bit too long or not long enough, there's a way to adjust it. (Unplugging the unit first is a really good idea - there is AC right on the circuit board.) You basically have to disassemble the entire base to get to the electronics. If you slide the circuit board out of the plastic housing, you'll find a yellow trimpot. Adjusting the trimpot slightly will adjust the length of time the RF-100 runs. It's very sensitive, so be gentle. I managed to get mine turned down from 3 minutes of mindnumblingly annoying rattling, to about 45 seconds - just the right amount of time to fill a tube. If there's a couple of primers left, I don't care. They'll load next time.

[Range Lawyer Mode]

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK WITH THIS PARTICULAR DEVICE.

[/RLM]

This is the one time, I'm not going to provide pictures, or actually any other information. This is enough info for those that know what they're doing to accomplish. If you need more info, you shouldn't be messing with this at all. Sorry.

E