Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best SS pistol right out of the box?

XDman

Buy a mil spec springer, and put $500 in it. You will have a gun that rivals everything for $9-1100. Buy a Spartan and put $3-500. your in the same position financially, and one says STI on it. While I would love to cut a target master frame to STD spec, I can't for logistical reasons, And I'm not good enough for contingency $$ so I like to build on Springers and RIA's.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a mil spec springer, and put $500 in it. You will have a gun that rivals everything for $9-1100. Buy a Spartan and put $3-500. your in the same position financially, and one says STI on it. While I would love to cut a target master frame to STD spec, I can't for logistical reasons, And I'm not good enough for contingency $$ so I like to build on Springers and RIA's.

You're as good as you think you are. even if you are a D class shooter, as long as you beat the other D class guys, you can win with the STI program. You dont have to win the match to have it count

It's a joke. I'm not in it for contincency money. What % of shooters are shooting STI for the contingency money? I assume very few. They shoot STI framed guns because they like the tripp design more than caspian or Para hi cap. Can't buy SV frames anymore, but you can buy STI polymer gripped 2011 frames. The frame and a jersey is all you need to win money, right?

It's a joke. I'm not in it for contincency money. What % of shooters are shooting STI for the contingency money? I assume very few. They shoot STI framed guns because they like the tripp design more than caspian or Para hi cap. Can't buy SV frames anymore, but you can buy STI polymer gripped 2011 frames. The frame and a jersey is all you need to win money, right?

O/K give one of these a try http://gsg-1911.com/

STI, Springfield, Kimber - in that order.

Yep...and have to give a +1 to the STI Trojan with FO sight and ambi safety from shooters connection. Crisp trigger from the factory but it's a little "wobbly" up and down and it's nylon. If that doesn't bother you, it's 100% ready to shoot.

Wide bodies yes, in my opinion they are better than Caspian and para but that is a personal preference. In SS I've shot only Springfields for years but I'll be shooting a STI framed gun after SS nats just for the contingency chance alone. Granted mine won't be factory :devil:

Every 1911 is different, even the same model and make from the same manufacturer. You might get a bunked one, you might get a good one. IMO the best 1911 you can get is the one that you like, you can afford, and most importantly, the one you *practice* and train with. Some 1911s are like certain types of ammo, some will eat anything. You need to find what ammo and mags work best with your gun, and practice practice practice :-)

• 1 month later...

Is there any advantage to using the 40 s&w over the 45acp? What are the top shooters using, and what caliber for a L10?

Most L10 run the .40SW. *edit* OOPS! Totally blanked that as "limited, not limited 10". I can't say what most are running for L10. As the above gentleman said, using the same load for both guns is a plus.

A buddy of mine even has an STI trojan in .38 super. Don't see many of those, but I bet it shoots sweet.

Edited by Erik S.