Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 3 gun carts

caz41

Here is the other way to go if you don't have to roll rascal style like I do.

This is my wife's 3 gun cart. She let me borrow it twice. I'm hoping she continues to do so in 2011.

SANY0002.jpg

It won't fit in your trunk. :cheers:

Oh the cart is a Polaris but the rack was homemade;)

Edited by jtischauser

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse you goober!!! You must have the 3gun bug baaaadddd. You wouldn't have finished 13 out of 25 if I'd been there--it would be 13 out of 26! :roflol: Hope you get well soon, and I apologize in advance for the high jack. Oh- I don't use a cart, I use a bag from 5.11. There, I don't feel guilty about the high jack now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Here's my stab at a 3-Gun cart. The basis is a 4 wheel Upright Golf Caddy. It's collapsible and fits in the trunk of my car easily. It has a built in brake to keep it from moving on uneven ground. I don't have enough posts yet to include a link. However; you can search the net for "upright caddy golf 4 wheel push cart" and review the offering.

I added two decks to the base of the unit and a typical ATV double gun holder to the upright. One deck supports and positions the butt of each gunstock while holding the guns vertical when nested in the ATV holders. The second deck holds my gun bag in front.

I use the Safariland ELS and QLS so I placed receivers at various locations to hold my gear. The locking system holds my pistol, pistol mags, rifle mags, and shotgun mags in open space for easy transition. So far it has performed reasonably well.

I will supply close up's upon request.

Caddy Closed

post-32189-0-47063900-1311368087_thumb.j

Caddy Open

post-32189-0-00819100-1311368095_thumb.j

Loaded angle 1

post-32189-0-59514700-1311368104_thumb.j

Loaded angle 2

post-32189-0-96762400-1311368110_thumb.j

Brian

Edited by MacCoon

Didn't want to spend too much on a cart and put this together for $75. Works well for me...

I can be more creative and make new center piece out of the seat material.

cart.jpg

Looks a little difficult to push around! :roflol:

I like the cup holders on that baby jogger! That's the best use for a crappy baby jogger that I've ever seen.

My wife is training for a marathon and runs with our 7 month old in a Chariot jogger. She'd kill me if I converted it over to a 3-gun cart. That thing will sell for almost as much as it was new (over $600).

Has anyone ever converted a golf bag wheel thingy to a 3 gun cart? Seems you could strip out the bag and just dump the rifle and shotgun in there like you would in a barrel on a stage.

I had a friend do one for me just to try it out. I will post pics if I can find it, I am on to trying a jogging stroller, but I think it might have worked a little better had I actually bought the ATV brackets. But basically, he mounted a 5 gal bucket to the base of the cart and put a cabbalas seat on it.

Edited by djeffers

Here is the other way to go if you don't have to roll rascal style like I do.

This is my wife's 3 gun cart. She let me borrow it twice. I'm hoping she continues to do so in 2011.

SANY0002.jpg

It won't fit in your trunk. :cheers:

Oh the cart is a Polaris but the rack was homemade;)

Next time I will have to request to be on Jesse's squad! Added: you could probably charge a fare.

Edited by djeffers

• 4 weeks later...

I made mounts using double split set collars and tubing so I could use my ATV/over head gun mounts on a $20 ebay jogger.

I know you posted this almost a year ago...but I have to ask!! Is this a jeep you have you AR mounted in? And how do have the square tubing secured? is it bolted to the roll bar? Is it a custom made rig?

I guess since im a new user i cant post it with the pics

• 1 month later...

There are some great carts in this thread. I've attached a pic of a baby stroller that my mother-in-law was going to throw out this weekend. Do you think this has potential for a 3 Gun Cart? Suggestions and opinions are very welcome.

post-25507-0-39821400-1318038731_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just put this one together last night. Started out as a crusty POS baby-blue and yellow baby jogger my neighbor was going to throw away. Did a little bit of straightening and welding to fix the frame. Then I realized the included seat was way too small to for my range bag, so out it went and built a platforn for the bottom. Viola....bag fits perfect. Sanded the whole works down and re-painted it. Then just added a couple $25 ATV mounts. I still have a few mods to make but so far it seems like it should work great. Still planing to add some kind e-brake (other than the bungee cord I'm using for now). It doesn't break down as easily as some of the newer jogger's (probably takes 10 minutes with an adjustable wrench), but it's stable, sturdy and so far I only have about $60 in it.

post-35158-0-09789900-1322541648_thumb.j

Nice! I've been trolling Craigslist for a cheap jogger, but it's slim pickings around here.

Yeah I just got lucky. I happened to be outside when the neighbors were cleaning their garage. I heard them say they were going to throw it out and I swooped in. It was pretty rough when I got it, but the price was right (FREE) and it only took an hour or so to straighten it all out and do a little welding. It kinda looked like bigger kids than it was designed for had gotten ahold of it. Here's a pic of just the cart.

post-35158-0-63221200-1322626965_thumb.j

Edited by Shooter115

Something else to consider when trolling CL for a jogging stroller for 3 gun duty... Look for a stroller with a pivoting front wheel. When the cart is fully loaded down and heavy the pivoting front wheel will make turning the cart super easy. A fixed front wheel means pushing the handle down to manuver and will lead to broken a handle at some point, this was what led to the demise of my first cart. lol.