Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone saw this video?

nueces5

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive. We have a guy that shoots our regular monthly match who lost his right hand (he was right handed) in an EOD training accident ...he has learned to shoot left handed and can perform a reload faster than most C shooters. I love to shoot on his squad as it reminds me to never complain about anything ...

Nice to see the sport willing to flex so he can participate.

I shoot CAS too and we have a Older Gal ( Anita Newgun ) deadly shot and a GREAT sport and a veritable competitor.

She has arthuritis and has to use her Thumb to pull the trigger. she is amazing to watch...

I just stumbled on this thread, and am really glad that I did. Like others have said, this guy is awesome.

We had a participant in our local steel plate league, who had lost an arm. He concocted a toolbox tray to hold his revolver while he loaded it between runs. This thread reminded me that I did not see him at any matches last year. I sure hope he is doing well, and comes back to compete with us.

I bet he'll kick anyone's ass in reholstering skill...and his unsighted shooting through high ports has to be superior as well...shame about the malf. I had a legally blind fellow in my Steel Challenge squad one time...walked toward the shooting box with a white cane, and folded it up as he stood in the box. I told him to make ready, and let me know if he needed help in any way. He made ready, holstered, and nodded his head. He wasn't especially fast, but he shot and hit the plates.

One thing I really respect about our sport: it treats all competitors equally. Every shooter has his or her own challenges to overcome, and every match offers the opportunity to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

That was really great to watch, good post. I wonder if USPSA will ever decide to make a wheel chair division? With more people in chairs shooting competitively it makes sense so they're able to compete apples to apples in regards to stage time. I guess the other option would be to compensate them a certain amount of time based on the avg difference between an able body person and a wheel chair competitor.

Food for though.

DH

• 2 years later...

Looks like I need a new wheelchair. Something I can use which allows me to draw from a holster like his wheelchair. I'd love to be able to compete again. Boy do I miss it.

That guy is great. I give him applause and a lot of credit.

:cheers:

:bow:

Edited by AzShooter

That was Awesome. I had a next door neighbor that fell at a Steel Mill he was working

at when he was 19 yoa. He was paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheel chair. He

would mow his yard on a riding mower and clear his driveway and sidewalks with his snow

blower while in his wheel chair. He married and had two children. It was difficult

for me to complain about anything after watching Tim do what he did in that wheel chair.

He died about 3 years ago; living about 15 years longer than the doctors said he would

at the time of his accident.

Words don't describe how tough this guy, Tim and others like them; especially our

recent War Veterans are in dealing with their injuries. May God Bless them all..............

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...