Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the bad review on the Nordic bolt handle? I had one that could be pulled out of the bolt a little too easy, but I fixed it by peening the edges. Other than that, it's good to go.

Edited by Kang8r

Did I mention that my port cover is a 2 inch piece of metal house number that I cut, peel the sticky cover off, wrapped it around and put a Nordic clamp over to hold it in place?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

cannot visualize, got a pic?

Definitely beats buying a new barrel. Do you get any pressure signs with that?

Did I mention that my port cover is a 2 inch piece of metal house number that I cut, peel the sticky cover off, wrapped it around and put a Nordic clamp over to hold it in place?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks.....If any of you are still reading this massive post and looking for a Mossberg 930.....I am thinking of selling mine.....It is a 930 Waterfowler that I purchased last christmas.....I added a 24" non-ported barrel that I special ordered from Mossberg....A 9+1 Choate magazine extension.....Yea, I know everyone wants Nordic, but, truthfully, I have never had any problems with the half dozen choate extensions I have used and this one works flawlessly as well......I also added a extended Light Modified Briley choke and Choate Combat bolt handle.....Needless to say I have a lot more in this gun than what you can currently purchase a JM model for.....I will take $500 for the gun plus whatever it costs to ship it to your ffl.....I don't have the original 28" barrel that came with the gun.....I sold it shortly after getting the 24"......Oh, I have added some FO sights from Dick's....they work pretty good but nothing fancy.......see the pictures below and mssg me any questions.....Thanks

Rob

post-35830-0-85873700-1349539259_thumb.j

Can you post a picture of this? I want to do the same thing on the Mossberg 930 Pat Flannigan series gun.

Thanks

Definitely beats buying a new barrel. Do you get any pressure signs with that?

Let us know about any pressure and what exactly you used to cover the ports, that is a great idea and Mossberg says they do not have the 24in barrel for the 930 Pat F. series. Does anybody know if what exact 24 inch barrels will fig the Mossberg 930 signiture series guns?

Be sure to use the right number! When Edna was elsewhere, I tried to order a 24" PORTED barrel for an open project. I ordered a M930 DRFO Matte barrel. (SKU 93025) last April. When I called, the guy even asked : "That's a ported barrel, OK?" and I said yup. Well, I get the barrel and there I was the proud owner of the fabled 24" NON-Ported barrel.

I call him back and tell my tale and he says to send it back. He asks for my email so he can email me a shipping label. It does not show up so I call a week later and talk to someone else. (Again, not Edna/Yvette) and they put me on hold and go to talk to the guy and they come back and say that he never got my email address from me. That was wrong since I had to spell it for him. So I gave it to the woman again and told her to send the shipper so I could get the barrel on the way before I left for Area 1/Vacation. Nothing came in and when I called back she told me she sent it federal express. It turned out that the Fed Ex label showed up the day after I left town. What a pisser.

So, the moral of the story is use info from Edna/Yvette and try and get her to process the order. I am not sure if anybody else can be trusted there.

Good luck!

Chuck

Be sure to use the right number! When Edna was elsewhere, I tried to order a 24" PORTED barrel for an open project. I ordered a M930 DRFO Matte barrel. (SKU 93025) last April. When I called, the guy even asked : "That's a ported barrel, OK?" and I said yup. Well, I get the barrel and there I was the proud owner of the fabled 24" NON-Ported barrel.

I call him back and tell my tale and he says to send it back. He asks for my email so he can email me a shipping label. It does not show up so I call a week later and talk to someone else. (Again, not Edna/Yvette) and they put me on hold and go to talk to the guy and they come back and say that he never got my email address from me. That was wrong since I had to spell it for him. So I gave it to the woman again and told her to send the shipper so I could get the barrel on the way before I left for Area 1/Vacation. Nothing came in and when I called back she told me she sent it federal express. It turned out that the Fed Ex label showed up the day after I left town. What a pisser.

So, the moral of the story is use info from Edna/Yvette and try and get her to process the order. I am not sure if anybody else can be trusted there.

Good luck!

Chuck

Well, that makes perfect sense, I called Mossberg Technical support and it would ring 8 times and go back to the main menu. I finally went to the sales line and asked about a non-ported barrel since the Mossberg 930 Pat Flanigan is easier to find then the Jerry M. the guy told me they DO NOT make a barrel for that yet. Obviously Mossberg needs to get its act together.

Two questions for the experienced shooters out there:

1) How do slugs do in competition in the Mossberg barrels versus slug specific barrels?

2) Does anyone have opinions/experience on covering the ports on a ported barrel, this seems like a great idea (best of both worlds) cheaper then buying a new barrel.