Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Travis Tomasie Reload Video

Gun Geek

A friend sent me a video of Travis Tomasie doing some reloads. It is just plain amazing. It looks to me like he is only limited by the speed at which the empty mag will drop from the gun. He seems to be waiting on it.

I did a search on this site and Travis is mentioned many times. I did not, however, find that this vid has been posted.

If I missed it, set me straight. If the vid is not posted, and someone has a place to host it I'll be glad to send it along. It is about 4MB, works in Windows media player.

Geek

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen it, but I am not sure I want to believe it. If anyone wants proof that smooth is fast. Here it is. I had to show my wife this clip. Now she understands why I'm bouncing mags off the sofa every night. Thanks for the chance to see a master at work.

Three observations:

1) Notice how little his head moves.

2) He keeps the gun verticle (i can't spell this word!!!) while the mag falls and then cants to accpet the reload.

3) Screw fast, his smoothness is what strikes me. Notice how relaxed he is.

For me its real fast ,heck with smooth. Honestly at that speed you have to be smooth. Its a matter of economy of motion. Sort of like how computers are now being limited in speed by the distance electrons need to jump across the molecules. You have to load in a direct path. I thought Todd was the reload king but there is definitly now a prince. With Gov't backing for ammo and practice!!! Look out TJ.

I hate to say it but I would guess a majority of people could not eject the mag in the time he reloads completely. Those are sub sub 1.0 sec. Also at that level .10 is a lot. Wow.

After watching the video clip a few thousand more times I've come to three conclusions.

1. TT has velcro glued to his base pads and sewn to the palm of his weak hand. It looks like he never really grips the mag.

2. There is something very inhuman about reloads that fast/smooth. And how does he get his grip perfect everytime!!!

3. Travis must really hate reloads. Anyone that does a reload that fast must be just trying to get it over with. I on the other hand like to reload. Thats why I take so long to do it. I could go faster but I would miss out on the enjoyment of the event.

B)B)B)

One thing you don't see in the video that makes Travis really great, is that he reloads the instant the shot breaks. Absolutely no hesitation getting the mag gone and replaced. His mags are usually right were he broke his last shot, not halfway to the next shooting position, like most people.

I've got a homemade DVD a friend made last year with Travis at a local club match. He's truly amazing to watch. He picks up misses before it even registers to the observer that he missed! He finishes a course of fire and you're left wondering if he fired all his shots.

The same thing registered with me when I was squadded with him at 2002 Area 1; SMOOTH. RELAXED. That's how he won the match shooting Lim10.

• 2 weeks later...

TT is da man!! I'm just surprised he wasn't smiling while he reloaded!

I also saw Steve's run on the Clown Stage (10) from the '03 PA Tri-State. MAN, that was a good one. My teammates didn't film me on that one, but I know there's a copy out there somewhere!

Everything looks so much faster when someone else does it!

Thinking about practicing,

Phil

• 5 months later...