Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

October

benos

I've been doing it for so long... I forgot one little detail. :) Close your eyes real tight, (the part I forgot) look upward as high as you can, then quickly open your eyes. And you'll see the weirdness before your eyes are opened.

be

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been doing it for so long... I forgot one little detail. :) Close your eyes real tight, (the part I forgot) look upward as high as you can, then quickly open your eyes. And you'll see the weirdness before your eyes are opened.

be

I just tried this in a lighted room. Closed my eyes real tight and looked upward as high as I could. I saw little white dots, like stars in the night sky. They were moving in a circular pattern. Oh, I was standing up and got dizzy, you didn't warn me about that. :D

be

I just tried this in a lighted room. Closed my eyes real tight and looked upward as high as I could. I saw little white dots, like stars in the night sky. They were moving in a circular pattern. Oh, I was standing up and got dizzy, you didn't warn me about that. :D

I don't see anything until the eyes start to open, and then it's only for a spit second.

be

I often see what looks like the enso in your avatar, only negative (bright white ring, black everything else). doesn't just happen when i first wake up, but often when really tired before going to bed (an insomniac who is often up way too late).

and it's more than a couple tenths of a second... but several seconds...

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Okay, it is my feeling that no one accurately described what I see. So maybe I'm the only one that sees it. If that's the case I'm sorry to have wasted your time on this. But on the flip side, at the least I may have got you to start out the day by paying attention and thereby delaying the thought train the normally comes rushing in.

;)

The colors in the attached image are the reverse of what I see. In other words, for what I see, the lines are white and the backrground is black.

And again, it only last for a split second, occurring after I squeeze my eyes shut real tight, then I see it as I quickly open them, but before they are actually open.

be

post-171-093859200 1288664447_thumb.jpg

Okay, it is my feeling that no one accurately described what I see. So maybe I'm the only one that sees it. If that's the case I'm sorry to have wasted your time on this. But on the flip side, at the least I may have got you to start out the day by paying attention and thereby delaying the thought train the normally comes rushing in.

;)

The colors in the attached image are the reverse of what I see. In other words, for what I see, the lines are white and the backrground is black.

And again, it only last for a split second, occurring after I squeeze my eyes shut real tight, then I see it as I quickly open them, but before they are actually open.

be

I'm pretty sure there was a cartoon character with a mustache like that. Can't remember who.

I like the eye worms comment.

and I believe there was a walrus character named chumley(?)

who had a mustache like the drawing...

I can't see the mustache...

I did see the diamond shaped stars, however.

Also, The swirls on occasion.

Being able to see something in that brief a time frame

may be part of why no one else is seeing it.

I tried with a white wall and a black board.

The stars move a little

Do the mustache lines move ?

That's what I remember the walrus cartoon.

So now I can form a profesional, medical opinion based on that fact alone.

Brian only sees the image after listening to too much "Beatles" music the night before.

Personally I didn't try to duplicate this but it would obviuosly would not have worked for me as I don't care much for the Beatles.

So I prescribe one week of a steady diet of something else like queensryche tunes.

Ok, here is my hypothesis. None of us actually "see" any of these things. There is nothing there to see, at least nothing like anyone has reported. What we are getting is a stimulus to the optic nerves that does not come from vision. Try this: close your eyes and place the heels of your palms against them and press, firmly but gently. When I do this, in a few seconds I "see" blue sparks or lightning or checks or something like that. I think the pressure stimulates the optic nerve but since there is no vision, the mind makes something up.

I don't know if there is a name for this. "Chumleys" would work.

Edited by fiddler

I can't see the mustache...

I did see the diamond shaped stars, however.

Also, The swirls on occasion.

Being able to see something in that brief a time frame

may be part of why no one else is seeing it.

I tried with a white wall and a black board.

The stars move a little

Do the mustache lines move ?

I don't see it long enough to tell if any of the lines move. It appears just for a spit second, as you are looking upward, just as the eyes begin to open but have not yet opened.

be

Brian only sees the image after listening to too much "Beatles" music the night before.

Personally I didn't try to duplicate this but it would obviuosly would not have worked for me as I don't care much for the Beatles.

So I prescribe one week of a steady diet of something else like queensryche tunes.

I think you're on to something with the Beatles, this is what I first thought of when I saw BE's sketch.

post-23495-019307100 1289060975_thumb.gi

post-23495-011521100 1289061155_thumb.jp

Edited by alpha-charlie

I think you're on to something with the Beatles, this is what I first thought of when I saw BE's sketch.

Nice, what I'd call that there is a second medical opinion confirming the first.

I think with some help maybe some one in California could find Granny's (Beverly Hillbillys) shingle in a old warehouse,hang it out and open up shop. ;)

Edited by Powder Finger