Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not recomended !

gunsablazin

So is this the hidden secret to becoming a GM? :cheers:

:roflol:

If it was I would have been a GM looooong ago....This has been my pre-major match routine for years...was not able to execute the program prior to GA state and had my worst match in 3 years....NEVER AGAIN!! :cheers:

I remember that some of my best on-court basketball efforts in high school was when I was fighting off a cold or the flu. It was always interesting to me to hear people tell me how hard I played and how well I did when I thought I was dying out there.

Question: I wonder how overcompensation plays into the equation?

I also have a zone in my golf game that is much better after a few cold beverages, however, there is a margin of diminishing returns! :blink:

That's true for me, and I'm sure many others, for many activities. I could ride my dirt bike better after a beer, or 2, at the absolute max. I also shoot pool better after a couple cold ones. At that point, for me, I realize I perform better because I become less careful and more fearless. But performance starts to drop after about beer number 3 due to a loss of fine visual and motor skills.

be

Golf Diegest did a test on this with a group of guys during their golf league. Two was best three was max for the best play. They figured it relieved tension and relaxed the golfers allowing them to take more aggressive shots. Anymore than three and the golfers motor skills would be affected and things got bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember that some of my best on-court basketball efforts in high school was when I was fighting off a cold or the flu. It was always interesting to me to hear people tell me how hard I played and how well I did when I thought I was dying out there.

Question: I wonder how overcompensation plays into the equation?

I also have a zone in my golf game that is much better after a few cold beverages, however, there is a margin of diminishing returns! :blink:

That's true for me, and I'm sure many others, for many activities. I could ride my dirt bike better after a beer, or 2, at the absolute max. I also shoot pool better after a couple cold ones. At that point, for me, I realize I perform better because I become less careful and more fearless. But performance starts to drop after about beer number 3 due to a loss of fine visual and motor skills.

be

Golf Diegest did a test on this with a group of guys during their golf league. Two was best three was max for the best play. They figured it relieved tension and relaxed the golfers allowing them to take more aggressive shots. Anymore than three and the golfers motor skills would be affected and things got bad.

That's exactly the results I found when shooting in pool tournaments and dirt bike riding.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...