Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ignorant Newb from Kansas City, MO

GLOCKAFELLA

Hello all,

I am from a little town just north of Kansas City, MO. I have been working in law enforcement for the past 6 years and have been interested in competative shooting for some time. However, I just recently found a place that I think might be what I am looking for. http://www.bhpsc.us/ I have been reading everything I can about practical competative shooting. I kept coming across threads on this forum, so I figured I might as well register here and dive into the knowledge available. I don't know anyone else in my area who is involved in any type of practical or competative shooting and I don't feel like my job offers enough practical firearms training. So I have been on a search or sorts. The shooting community around here seems to be a pretty tight lipped bunch. Not a lot of people seem to be involved, or if they are, they aren't talking about it much when I am around...

So, thanks for the knowledge you have already given me, and I hope to learn more soon!

Edited by GLOCKAFELLA

Welcome to the forums! Do a club search on USPSA.com, you will find whatever clubs are nearby...

Clubs in MO

ARNOLD RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB - MO01

Contact Info

Jeff Matsche

Barnhart, MO 63012-2304

Home: (618) 466-0504

Fax: (618) 254-1920

Email: jmatch@sbcglobal.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CENTRAL OZARKS PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - MO08

Contact Info

Bob Delp Jr.

Rolla, MO 65401

Home: (573) 364-4370

Work: (573) 364-1159

Email: bob.delp@teamorb.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GATEWAY ACTION SHOOTERS - MO15

Contact Info

John Parker

O'fallon, MO 63368

Home: (636) 248-2489

Work: (314) 433-4917

Email: john@shootershack.com

GREEN VALLEY RIFLE & PISTOL - MO14

Contact Info

Donald R. Martin

Columbia, MO 65203

Home: (573) 445-6633

Work: (573) 864-7723

Email: donaldmartin549@centurytel.net

HIGGINSVILLE ORGANIZED PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - MO17

Contact Info

Scott Lane

Marshall, MO 65340

Home: (660) 886-2582

Work: (660) 631-2584

Email: shooterlane@yahoo.com

JOPLIN ACTION PISTOL LEAGUE - MO09

Contact Info

Robert Madole

Joplin, MO 64803-3633

Home: (417) 825-2400

Email: robert@madole.org

Club/Range Address

Joplin, MO 64801

The Joplin Action Pistol League shoots the 4th Sunday of the month except December. Set up is at 11:00am and shooting starts at 1:00. We try to have 1 classifier along with 3-4 other stages each month.

MISSOURI BOOTHEEL PISTOL CLUB - MO03

Contact Info

Michael Brown

Dexter, MO 63841-1904

Home: (573) 624-2781

Work: (573) 421-1595

Email: mwtsbrown@sbcglobal.net

MISSOURI SECTION - MO02

Contact Info

Christopher Thomas

Robertsville, MO 63072

Home: (636) 222-3629

Email: chris@christopherfthomas.com

PIONEER PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - MO16

Contact Info

William Spurny

Lees Summit, MO 64081-1794

Home: (816) 524-3753

Email: burgdorf68@sbcglobal.net

UNITED SPORTSMEN'S CLUB - MO10

Contact Info

Michael R. Brune

Jefferson City, MO 65101-8604

Home: (573) 496-3296

Work: (573) 645-5310

Email: mikebrune27@hotmail.com

Clubs in Kansas:

AIR CAPITAL GUN CLUB - KS01

Contact Info

Gary Frost

Augusta, KS 67010-8465

Home: (316) 775-2574

Work: (316) 648-7624

Fax: (316) 775-2617

Email: msrxray@aol.com

Air Capital Practical Shooters is located at: 5599 SW 135th,Augusta,Ks. 67010. (about 20 miles east of Wichita)We shoot 5-6 handgun stages on the 4th Sunday of the month. Shooting begins at noon, sign-in starts at 11am. Match fee is $15 or if you want to help set up the morning of the match the fee is $10. Scores are posted on the USPSA website and plaques are awarded to classified class and division winners. We put on a safe, fun and challenging match. Directions: From Augusta: South on Hwy. 77 to 130th st. turn East on 130th to Shumway(2 mi.)So. to 135th st.and go east on 135th to first driveway on the So. Sign in at the big metal bldg. Gary Frost President Gary Lawrence Match Director msrxray@aol.com ourspot@swbell.net

BONE CREEK SMOKIN' ACES - KS13

Contact Info

James Pope

Pittsburg, KS 66762

Home: (620) 231-9818

Work: (620) 232-0766

Email: falseyfixer@cox.net

BULLET HOLE PRACTICAL SHOOTING CLUB - KS02

Contact Info

Joseph Wilson

Shawnee Mission, KS 66102

Home: (913) 219-5298

Email: pinblasters@yahoo.com

Club/Range Address

6201 Robinson St.

Overland Park, Ka 66202

Club Phone: (913) 432-0050

We are one of the oldest USPSA clubs in the USA, incorporated on 06/13/1984, we shoot weekly matches in the private basement ranges at The Bullet Hole.

CAPITAL CITY PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - KS08

Contact Info

Steve Mcatee

Topeka, KS 66604

Home: (785) 232-9037

Work: (785) 640-7362

Email: steve@millcreekmercantile.com

KANSAS SECTION - KS03

Contact Info

Scott Hattrup

Lenexa, KS 66215

Home: (913) 492-8812

Email: hotrodss@aol.com

MILL CREEK PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - KS05

Contact Info

William Kinsey

Shawnee, KS 66216-5198

Home: (913) 962-0645

Work: (913) 961-2529

Email: bkinsey@everestkc.net

Millcreek Practical Shooting League De Soto, Kansas www.MillcreekPSL.org The Mill Creek Practical Shooting League (MCPSL) meets at the Mill Creek Rifle Club in De Soto, Kansas. The club usually meets year around on the second Saturday of the month. For exact dates and contact info, please consult our web page. MCPSL is a three gun club featuring pistol courses in the morning and long guns in the afternoon. A typical pistol match has four stages, one classifier and three field courses. For those that wish to shoot long guns in the afternoon, there are usually two rifle and one shotgun stages. The range opens at 8:00 am for setup and registration. Registration for pistol closes at 10:00 am. The shooter\'s meeting is at 10:00 am. Registration for competitors shooting only long gun opens at 1:00 pm and closes at 2:00 pm. If you are new to our club, please first check in at the registration desk for full safety and club orientation. MPSL matches are conducted at an outdoor range. Dress accordingly for the weather. If you decide to shoot the long gun match in the afternoon, it is also advisable to pack a lunch. MPSL supports participation by the disabled shooting community in our sport. The Club will do everything that can reasonably be performed to enable shooters with disabilities to safely compete at our matches.

SAND AND SAGE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB - KS12

Contact Info

Michael Homm

Garden City, KS 67846-9320

Home: (620) 275-5787

Work: (620) 640-4363

Email: mhomm@wbsnet.org

WICHITA PRACTICAL PISTOL CLUB - KS07

Contact Info

Mark Watson

Wichita, KS 67212

Home: (316) 204-8488

Email: mark1wat@yahoo.com

Edited by GrumpyOne

BHPSC shoots every Friday night @ 6:30. Hope you can join us. On your first trip come on by about 6:00 and we can get you through a safety orientation and ready to go. PM me if you have any questions.

Great! Expect a PM from me tomorrow! Thanks for offering your help BTW.

and thanks to everyone else for your helpful information!

Welcome,

Come by the Armory in Kearney, MO every Tuesday night, about 6pm. Always welcome new shooters, we have a great time. Don't remember the name of the street, but if you come up I-35, take Kearney exit, make a left, you will see Burger King, auto store, then take

the next left at the car wash and the new Police Department. There is a equipment rental place on the left and the Armory is next.

If you are comming from the west, after you pass Platt Clay Electric watch for the Car Wash on the right, as soon as you pass it take a right.

Glad to see another new shooter. This was my first year shooting competition in the KC area and I've shot Mill Creek, Pioneer and Higginsville as regularly as I can though it all depends on funds and time as a Dad. I plan on shooting at the Bullet Hole once the weather cools down and I can't get outside to do it. I'm just south of the KC area. I was even so hooked on the sport that I shot at Area 3 in Grand Island Nebraska this year. Basically, with just a little travel you can shoot every weekend and like you...I hadn't met anyone else that shot competition until I actually went to one. It's a blast and the people at the matches are great. They are helpful and willing to answer any questions. I really don't think you could hope for better people. Be prepared to have a h@ll of a lot of fun.

Welcome, to a brother LEO. This sport is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. There are folks on this site that can help with about any problem you can think of, from equipment to training to mental preparation. Welcome again.