Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV. N340 or N 320

unionman

I have been using VV n 340 for about 1000 rounds.

MG 124 JHP. 4.8 gr and 1.14 OAL

Good results. But have been seeing a lot folks using 320 more. Or it seems. I would appreciate everyones thoughts. I was going to buy 4 pounds of 340. But have second thoughts and may try 320 ???

So advice please from those who know. Thanks

Edited by unionman

The N320 will be a bit softer than the N340. For what we do, I think N320 is about the best 9mm Minor powder going. I've loaded it with a bunch of different 147gr bullets, some 130gr bullets and 125gr bullets, and it's worked very nicely with all of them. R,

The N320 will be a bit softer than the N340. For what we do, I think N320 is about the best 9mm Minor powder going. I've loaded it with a bunch of different 147gr bullets, some 130gr bullets and 125gr bullets, and it's worked very nicely with all of them. R,

Have you used WST? If so how does it compare? I bought a pound of N320 for .38 Special to try and I think it's the cleanest burning powder I've ever used. Doesn't seem to meter quite as good as WST but not bad by any means. Been thinking about giving it a go in 9mm w/147 cast bullets but I really, really like the WST's softness...

Edited by Shadowrider

For shooting production with 9mm, N320 is fine, soft and accurate, if you want the most accuracy out of a 9mm then N340 is the powder of choice for many bullseye shooters. with a 124 gr JHP 4.0-4.1 of N320, for 124 JHP and N340, 4.8-5.0 will be right. OAL will depend on the gun and the bullet profile. Bullseye shooters are using 1.080 with XTP's, and 1.120 for Production with JHP's and Flat Points.1.140 for FMJ's.

Well, I am one of those who use VV 320 for my 40 and 9mm. It is an accurate clean powder which is more important to me than being the cheapest powder. I also have used it in my 45 ACP. Works great.

I like to keep things simple. Less chance of me screwing up.

Well, I am one of those who use VV 320 for my 40 and 9mm. It is an accurate clean powder which is more important to me than being the cheapest powder. I also have used it in my 45 ACP. Works great.

I like to keep things simple. Less chance of me screwing up.

Very true pjb45. If it works - don't fix it.

I shoot 4.1 of VV320 with a Zero 124gr.jhp in my CZ TS with good results. The load was given to me by Angus. Good luck, Dave

I recall in one of Angus's posts saying that the best accuracy he's obtained was from N350 however he had no plans in switching from N320.

I remember that too. To much recoil for him to switch.

PJB, is your 9mm load with N320 a minor load? If so, would you share the recipe? Thanks

I don't know about Paul's load (man, I never even saw him shoot Production!), but I use 3.7gr or N320 with a Montana Gold 147gr CMJ at 1.125" and Win SP primers in Starline cases. I've got some Zero 147gr JHPs in and I'll have to work up a load again, but it loved Zero 147gr JHPs in AA&A's ammo. R,

I'm running N320 (3.9 gr) with 125gr BayouBullet set at 1.165 in my CZ Shadow. Shoots like an AirSoft. (exagerated expression). I've also shot 4.3gr of TiteGroup and 4.7gr of WST with 124gr jacketed and there isn't much difference in the feel still very comfortable. One of my daughters shot the gun at a match in Missouri and the loads were mixed up and she couldn't tell the difference in them.

Note that the BayouBullet's profile allows for longer loading than Jacketed RN, which would be at 1.140-1.145.

Edited by CocoBolo

I love VV N320 too. But it just isn't commonly available here. I like Ramshot competition also, can't find it. I need a acceptable substitute. Nothing will be like N320 but what gets closest? What about WSF or WST? I've used titegroup, not wild about it.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I love VV N320 too. But it just isn't commonly available here. I like Ramshot competition also, can't find it. I need a acceptable substitute. Nothing will be like N320 but what gets closest? What about WSF or WST? I've used titegroup, not wild about it.

Thanks

Burn rate-wise, AA #2 and WST are right next to N320.