For 9mm MAJOR Topics

benos

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aa#7 and 124 RN heavy plated I have currently.

I'm just thinking if that's only 33k would be easy on brass and I may be able to re use expensive 9x21 a Bunch of times and make major.

Edited by Garmil

8.2g under a 124 xtreme. I shot this from my glock. It was nice. I shoot 9.4g under a 115g now in my 1911. Good shooting. I can't recall my oal but it was short for the glock. You may need closer to 8.4+ but 8 would be a good start.

8.2g under a 124 xtreme. I shot this from my glock. It was nice. I shoot 9.4g under a 115g now in my 1911. Good shooting. I can't recall my oal but it was short for the glock. You may need closer to 8.4+ but 8 would be a good start.

Thanks, I have a KKM 5.5" barrel so 8.4 might be just right...

• 2 weeks later...

Checking for AOL with STI guns. Has anyone done some ladder testing with AOL? I started at 1.150 and after some reading went to 1.170, which did not work well in my STI mags with or without shims (STI shims). I am going to split the difference and try 1.160. Still need to chrono as well. I am using 7.8grs of Longshot

1.17 (~1.168-1.170) works beautifully out of mine with the 9mm/38super guts for no spacers.

I had my barrel throated to 1.17 though so it's really just up to the mags to determine that reliability factor.

• 1 month later...

Most people go with jhp. You can (in some cases) load a bit longer in the mag and the jacket wraps from the back, leaving no exposed lead to the burning powder so you get less smoke. They also tend to leave a nice hole on paper

• 4 weeks later...

It's funny my friends shine a light over their powder drop stage to make sure they don't double charge a round. My other friends that load 9 major shine a light over the powder drop stage to make sure they fill it up all the way.

Anyone use 115 grain coated for major? I've been using 7.1 WAC with a 125 BBI @ 1.168 with good results and have 1k of the 115s to try. A fellow shooter recommended staying away from 115 grain coated after his comp died using them. Any truth to that?

Since I have 40 pounds of the stuff I like 115's over 7.8 Autocmp

Be careful sarge there is something about it is illegal to have over 50 pounds of powder in your possession at one time unless your are licensed dealer. And that count includes loaded ammo. I don't care if you have three tons at home just giving you a heads up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since I have 40 pounds of the stuff I like 115's over 7.8 Autocmp

Be careful sarge there is something about it is illegal to have over 50 pounds of powder in your possession at one time unless your are licensed dealer. And that count includes loaded ammo. I don't care if you have three tons at home just giving you a heads up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Typo. I meant 4 pounds.

Anyone use 115 grain coated for major? I've been using 7.1 WAC with a 125 BBI @ 1.168 with good results and have 1k of the 115s to try. A fellow shooter recommended staying away from 115 grain coated after his comp died using them. Any truth to that?

Horse hockey!! I know a guy in KY running 115 BBI IN open with no problems. As far as I know you have to do a little more comp cleaning but that's about it. That being said I would probably stay with 124/5 in coated