Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI TROJAN Pics

BoldasLions

STI makes great pistols, keep on shooting!

I can't tell what caliber this one is. I have been contemplating shooting single stack with a 9mm and this seems like a good entry model.

I went out on a limb and chose 40S&W as my caliber for SS. Though, I'm not completely convinced that its worth two less rounds(to shoot major)...

My wedding and honeymoon have been bought and paid for so I ordered myself a 5" Trojan in 9mm from Brazos last friday. Mine will ship setup for ESP with an ambi safety, mag well, microdot front sight and 3# trigger. I can't wait. Who knew I'd actually WANT to buy a Trojan after I got married? :)

Keep the pics coming! I need my fix until next month when blaster arrives.

P.S. Anyone have pics of a Trojan or other black 1911 with blue annodized aluminum grips and mag well?

My wedding and honeymoon have been bought and paid for so I ordered myself a 5" Trojan in 9mm from Brazos last friday. Mine will ship setup for ESP with an ambi safety, mag well, microdot front sight and 3# trigger. I can't wait. Who knew I'd actually WANT to buy a Trojan after I got married? :)

Keep the pics coming! I need my fix until next month when blaster arrives.

P.S. Anyone have pics of a Trojan or other black 1911 with blue annodized aluminum grips and mag well?

I bought the exact same setup from Brazos! I enjoy it, I did some blending on the ambi safety, since it starting wearing through the flesh on the inside of my strong hand thumb. What magazines are you planning on using? I'm running Tripp Cobras.

I'm now debating pinning the grip safety. I hear its legal in S.S.. Does anyone have any input on pinning safeties?

Edited by BoldasLions

How do you like the Cobras?

Bob @ Brazos at recommended the Wilson EMT mags for 10 rounders. I was planning on ordering a few from Benos or Brazos once the gun was ready to ship. I can't speak to pinning the safety since I generally play in IDPA-land where such things are verboten.

Cobras seem to be very high quality. Much higher than any other mag I've came across. I still here great things about the Wilson Combats too, but have never tried them out. I would take Bob's recommendation over mine any day. Go with Wilson C! I may sell my Tripps just because of Bob's recommendation!

I shoot a Trojan 9 in SS. At most of the matches I have shot, especially when I was a newer shooter (read accurate but slow), the extra 2 rounds more than offset the hit for minor scoring.

I use Wilson mags. I have never tried the Tripp mags, so I can't compare the two. My only complaint about the Wilson mags is that they are tough to seat when full.

As for the grip safety, I disabled mine rather than pinning it. This is easier than pinning it as a DIY job, but is irreversible. If you plan to shoot USPSA and IDPA (where a disabled grip safety is illegal, I believe), buy a second grip safety and disable one of them. That would allow you to switch more easily between the two.