Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker for a Buckmark?

prreed10

Check out some of these pictures:

http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss276/dkent72/BuckMark%20Stuff/

I'm not really crazy about the location of the racker, but unfortunately it needed to go as high as possible or it would hit your thumb. Additionally, the scalloped area on the slide limits where you can put it.

As I recall, I used an 8-32 thread and drilled all the way through the slide. After installing, I filed it flush on the inside. I made the racker itself on the lathe out of some scrap metal (I think it was drill rod).

Notice in the pictures that two different slides have the rackers. One slide is the old style. The other is the new style with the cocking tabs. I knocked off the tab on the left, then drilled and tapped. I touched up the area with cold blue..not perfect but it works.

My daughter couldn't rack the slide before I installed the racker.

Darren

• 4 weeks later...

Darren, I really do appreciate your help and I went to my Gunsmith/Material Fabricator with pictures of what you did. He had a different vision. Here is how it turned out.

001272.JPG

004204.JPG

007163.JPG

005196.JPG

Thanks again for all your help!

Edited by prreed10

• 3 weeks later...

Mike Setting and his crew had some really tricked out Buckmarks and all had slide rackers. He said parts will be available soon but no more specific than that. Realy nice looking stuff

• 6 months later...

Darren, I really do appreciate your help and I went to my Gunsmith/Material Fabricator with pictures of what you did. He had a different vision. Here is how it turned out.

[pictures snipped]

Thanks again for all your help!

Ryan,

Somehow I missed your message above. Yep, that should work as well. You should dress it up with some brownells bake-on spray. Glad I could help.

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

And Capt Hook is still looking for that. :sight:

But I bet it works. I added one that came out at about 45deg from teh top left of the slide about 3/4" covered it in tape so that the little lady of the house could get a better grip. Theangle kept it way from her RH thumb (she shoots a little thumb high) saves wear and tear on the knuckle.

Careful duckbuster, thing like that could put your eye out. :roflol:

I'm not always a real good shot but I'm a helluva poser!

:roflol: you should have seen me do the first shots with it...was hidin behind the bow of my uncles boat

• 2 weeks later...

I went with a similar design. It clears just fine and does not seem to hit my hand. There is a slight forward slant to it to help keep from sliding off. I used a 8-32 1" machine screw and plastic spacer material tapped through and threaded on.

300eb3d5.jpg

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

• 2 weeks later...