Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Solo 1000 Load for 230 .45 acp?

imhntn, 230 jacket or lead? On my 5 inch 625 I used 4.4 of Solo behind a lead 230 and got 625 fps. You can figure 100 fps less on the jacketed. It would be a starting point. Solo did not seem to spike much but as always start slowly and watch for signs. later rdd

I am shooting lead. Do I have to make major with that pistol?

Only if you want to. :sight: Reload to get good accuracy and then go from there. later rdd

• 2 weeks later...

When I shot my 625 with Solo I shot the most accurate load I could come up with. 3.5 grains makes minor and shoots like a dream. Yes, you can watch the bullets going to the target but it makes no difference. Even at that speed they are fast enough that the timer won't know the difference.

Mixed brass, Fed LP, S&S 230 gr RNL (actually weighs out to 232 gr) with 4.33ish of Solo is giving me 179-180 PF. That was my most recent match chrono, at the VA/MD Sectional in May. I'm probably going to dial it back a little for practice and local matches.

Not sure why Bubber's were going so slow. My 16 lbs of Solo is about 2 yrs old, so maybe my batch is little faster than the current stuff.