Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore STS vs Trijicon RMR...opinions!?

Dog Doc

Hello all,

I am thinking about a slide mounted red dot for the new glock 34... I do not shoot competition...yet! I am just trying to get different perspectives on sight alternatives. I have searched and searched on all the threads on this site but I wanted to see if there were any new opinions or recommendations... I figured I would post this before I buy!! I have looked at all the options, and if anyone wants to throw opinions on the JPoint I would like to hear it !! I wish I could play with all these locally but that is not going to happen, as none of the shops have em... Any opinions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Cmore STS and Trijicon RMR are my 2 favorites so far but I am open to any input!!

The C-More STS is a bright dot even in the bright sunshine.

The sight is wider than most.

You can remove/replace the battery without taking the sight off...it has a little tray on the side...easy to change battery.

:)

Maybe I should revise my question!

I guess the most information on the forum is on the c-more sts...

So are there any of you guys that have used the trijicon rmr as a slide mounted optic, and if so how did you like it?!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Maybe I should revise my question!

I guess the most information on the forum is on the c-more sts...

So are there any of you guys that have used the trijicon rmr as a slide mounted optic, and if so how did you like it?!

Thanks!

Hi, I'm just visiting this forum...I'm more into the tactical aspect of handguns. There is getting to be a large following of the Trijicons's on another forum: http://www.warriortalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205 They are being milled into Glock and M&P slides. Some people are adding suppressor sights as a backup sighting system as they extend higher than stock sights and can be seen thru the Trijicon's glass.

Hope this helps.

Trvlngnrs

I have a slide- mount Docter on my SV. I'm struggling w. quite a learning curve on finding the dot - I agree that it might be promising for a carry gun, but there is quite a learning curve on finding it after the draw.

I would think lighting conditions could also pose a problem - TMK, the only means of compensating for all the various conditions would be manually adjusting the dot.

• 1 year later...

I just got my RM07 mounted - too bad for me the elevation adjuster did not move in either direction. But as it was it was pretty close so I tried it out. I have been using laser sights for some time and my interest in the RM07 was for daytime shooting. The dot seemed to be pretty easy to see and 'natural' to point. For those who have been using iron (open) sights it could be a major change - I have found it near impossible to switch back and forth from iron sights to laser/red dot. You have to train to see either the front sight or the target.

I am getting a replacement for the RM07 but need a second red dot (another Glock) and am looking at the STS and would love to hear from anyone who has used this.

Marc

I just got my RM07 mounted - too bad for me the elevation adjuster did not move in either direction. But as it was it was pretty close so I tried it out. I have been using laser sights for some time and my interest in the RM07 was for daytime shooting. The dot seemed to be pretty easy to see and 'natural' to point. For those who have been using iron (open) sights it could be a major change - I have found it near impossible to switch back and forth from iron sights to laser/red dot. You have to train to see either the front sight or the target.

I am getting a replacement for the RM07 but need a second red dot (another Glock) and am looking at the STS and would love to hear from anyone who has used this.

Marc

My advice get a LEUPOLD DELTA POINT much better quality and triangle bright enough to see in any sun light.Had STS not as good in quality or brightness.

Marc

My advice get a LEUPOLD DELTA POINT much better quality and triangle bright enough to see in any sun light.Had STS not as good in quality or brightness.

Marc

Did you get the 3.5 dot or the 7 ???

I second the deltapoint, however; I would recommend the 3.5 over the 7 since leupold's idea of a 3.5 is more like a 6. The quality however is fantastic, the window is bigger and the glass is far more clear than most of its plastic lens cousins.

I have a DP 3.5 MOA as well.

Only a few more weeks till I get back to the states so I can try it out mounted on a pistol.

But initial impressions are very good. Large clear/distortion free glass and nice bright dot.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really contemplating on getting a RMR and installing it on my G 17. If anyone here has one mounted can you please post up some pictures and also suggest what parts I'll need.