Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having only shot a few USPSA matches and one 3 gun match would it be absurd for me to sign up for this "big boy" match? Or would it be better for me to just go and watch the match? Is there a way to volunteer to help tape targets or anything like that?

I've only shot two LaRues and had a great time at both of them.

Beginners are welcomed and can have a great time.

So far we have received approximately 170 applications. We are working to enter all the data and as soon as we reach capacity which shouldn't be too much longer we'll send out confirmation emails with more information. Golf carts should be ok but we have yet to finalize parking etc.

I hate to be a bother, but I sent my entry on Dec 2, check hasn't cleared. Any way to know for sure if I'm in or not?

So far we have received approximately 170 applications. We are working to enter all the data and as soon as we reach capacity which shouldn't be too much longer we'll send out confirmation emails with more information. Golf carts should be ok but we have yet to finalize parking etc.

I hate to be a bother, but I sent my entry on Dec 2, check hasn't cleared. Any way to know for sure if I'm in or not?

If you sent it on December 2nd and it was not lost in the mail, then your are in per the fact that there were over 80 slots open as of last week. Contact the guys on texasmultigun.com to be certain.

Looks like no 1X in limited. Hopefully it won't scare everyone with an aimpoint and an EOTech (who would have otherwise shot in that division) away. <_<

So.....if I was to shoot my M4 w/Eotech then I would be competing with others with magnification scopes!

Looks like no 1X in limited. Hopefully it won't scare everyone with an aimpoint and an EOTech (who would have otherwise shot in that division) away. <_<

So.....if I was to shoot my M4 w/Eotech then I would be competing with others with magnification scopes!

According to this link you would be shooting against 4-6x scopes:

http://www.markfingar.com/MultiGun/3-Gun_Rules%20&%20Regs.htm

6.7.3 No electronic or optical sights are allowed in this division.

I would really like to see that changed for these reasons.

1. USPSA and Fort Benning/IMGA rules allow 1X optics in limited. Most big matches are going this route and it seems to be working out for them.

2. It would not reduce the number of competitors in that division since it is equipment you can have (not must have or can't have).

3. The best limited shooters don't need them to win and won't get hurt by letting them in.

4. It would give people who don't need them more people to shoot against who feel that they do need them.

5. Anyone who intends on showing up with a 16" carbine length AR equipped with a ML2/552 dot won't be forced to shoot against $1,000 optics or, against limited shooters with twice their sight radius (Or even worse, change divisions <_<).

I didn't attend many big matches last year but in all of them, there were around 10 iron sight shooters. This was before the 1x rule change had time to take effect. I really don't want LT3G 2011 to be like that with only 10-15 limited shooters. :)

Regardless of what decision is made, I still plan on showing up to shoot irons instead of open. It's going to be a bunch of fun! :cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

I have reason to believe that 1x optic or electronic sights will be allowed in Limited. Can't say more.

Any more slots open? I'm sending my app today

As of today, yes, slots open.

Lee

If you sent it on December 2nd and it was not lost in the mail, then your are in per the fact that there were over 80 slots open as of last week. Contact the guys on texasmultigun.com to be certain.

Thanks. Finally cleared 20 Dec.

Is there any registration on Thursday?

when you say "registration", do you mean check in for the match?

Are there spots still available? I sent my app in 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet but I know the mail is slow.

Is there any registration on Thursday?

Exact schedule TBD.

Are there spots still available? I sent my app in 2 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet but I know the mail is slow.

Has your check cleared? That is the best way right now to know. Otherwise, the MD will let us know when the match is full.

Also, the MD has not specifically mentioned this, but I expect there will be a wait list. Some folks always need to drop out for emergencies, etc, and it helps to have a full match.

Lee