Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I need to see the rules also. Not even sure what the difference between tactical and limited? Previous years were tac and tac heavy.

You do not need to see any stinking rules!!!!!!!!!!!! Just show up, shoot and have fun!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I need to see the rules also. Not even sure what the difference between tactical and limited? Previous years were tac and tac heavy.

Tactical is a single optic (BUIS optional). Limited is iron sights, unless the MD wants to allow 1x optics in Limited. Tac-Heavy is 308 or bigger and a single optic.

I think Limited - STI Edge, AR-15 with Eotech, Remington 1100 w/o speedloaders.

An EOTech is a 1x optic (assuming no magnifier), and not sure if the MD wants it in Tactical or Limited.

Each match uses its own sub/superset of IMGA so each match publishes its own, but the 2011 match will have Open, so the LaRue 2010 match rules need fixing.

Lee

You do not need to see any stinking rules!!!!!!!!!!!! Just show up, shoot and have fun!!!!!!!!!!

You know I will Patrick!

Just not sure which division to sign up for? Thinking about running a scope this year for the first time. Tactical then?

Anyhow, is there a link to IMGA rules anywhere?

Per how the monthly "test" matches are being held, the divisions work as follows:

Open:

open........

Tactical:

Rifle with 1 Optic

Limited:

Rifle with iron sights

Heavy Tactical:

308 rifle

I'm not sure whether or not 1X optics are going in limited or tactical...but basing that the 1X rule is a USPSA rule, and this match is using IMGA rules, unless there has been an update to the IMGA rules I was not aware of, or the MD decides otherwise, I'd think that 1X optics are going in tactical....again, you need to double check with the match MD on this.

So in heavy tactical is the shot gun pump? Or semi auto? Pistol .44 or larger?

Again, don't quote me, but I believe the last time I checked the rules, pump and auto could both compete in the Heavy Division and the pistol was required to be .44 or larger.

EDIT: THERE IS NO REQUIRED PISTOL CALIBER FOR HEAVY TACTICAL AT THIS MATCH

Edited by GorillaTactical

2011 Texas Multigun Championship Registration Now Open!

Starting today, applications for the 2011 Texas Multigun Championship are being accepted via mail. Please visit the Special Events section at www.texasmultigun.com for more information and to download the application. We expect the match to fill up quickly, so don’t delay in sending in your application!

2011 Texas Multi Gun Championship

Sponsored by LaRue Tactical

Location: Austin, TX (Liberty Hill, TX) Best of the West Shooting Sports

Date: April 15-17 2011 (RO's shoot April 9-10 2011)

The match will be limited to 275 shooters, (IMGA rules will apply) with room for shooters to participate at the RO match the weekend before.

Ten Stages, Approximate round counts as follows: Rifle-250, Pistol-175, Birdshot-75, Slugs-10.

Having only shot a few USPSA matches and one 3 gun match would it be absurd for me to sign up for this "big boy" match? Or would it be better for me to just go and watch the match? Is there a way to volunteer to help tape targets or anything like that?

Send in that app! Larue was my first 3gun match 2 years ago, and I haven't looked back since. It was worth the match entry fee, just to be able to shoot that minigun! The match was just a bonus. And, I ended up winning $500 cash! Let your squad mates know it's your first match, be safe, and you'll do fine. :cheers:

Having only shot a few USPSA matches and one 3 gun match would it be absurd for me to sign up for this "big boy" match? Or would it be better for me to just go and watch the match? Is there a way to volunteer to help tape targets or anything like that?

The first Action match (pistol) ever shot; I was thinking I'll just watch,

The match Dir,,, told me on the Phone,, don't come without your Gun!

Been shooting ever since

Jim M ammo

The first Action match (pistol) ever shot; I was thinking I'll just watch,

The match Dir,,, told me on the Phone,, don't come without your Gun!

Been shooting ever since

Jim M ammo

Yep this is a shooting sport! Not a watching sport!

Or better yet it is $215 to shoot or $430 to watch! :roflol:

When I read through the rules I think it is saying if I use my Saiga 12 gauge I will be shooting in the Open division. Is this right?

I will be shooting a normal pistol and normal (scoped) rifle. Do most people in 3-gun Open shoot an open class pistol, open class rifle, and open class shotgun? I am just curious how competitive it is.

Thanks,

jrmock

When I read through the rules I think it is saying if I use my Saiga 12 gauge I will be shooting in the Open division. Is this right?

I will be shooting a normal pistol and normal (scoped) rifle. Do most people in 3-gun Open shoot an open class pistol, open class rifle, and open class shotgun? I am just curious how competitive it is.

Thanks,

jrmock

I'm planning on shooting open and I'll be shooting three open guns. I expect it to be extremely competitive (If enough people show up to shoot open :cheers: ).

One more division question since my rifle scope (millet dms-1) is not on the list under Tactical class that scope would put me in open class?? If so I have an old Aimpoint I could use or just go with Iron sights. I dont wanna play in open lol. :-) Or am I just reading this wrong and a big noob?

Thanks

Edited by Bluetip84