Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

OK Paul......

We all know Larue Tactical is really, really good at every thing they do. But NOW ya'll are just showin' off!

I sent the email yesterday morning telling you which scope mount I wanted... this afternoon it was on my porch!

Thanks again for all of the support from you, Mark, and the rest if the guys at Larue!

Bill

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other ones that I remember are breaking the 180 degree, a ND while reloading and already having a round in the chamber after the shotgun was to be preloaded on a closed bolt with chamber empty.

Jason

I've been working out of town , all week and finally got to look at the results from the web site.

Wow , a lot of DQ's. were they all from Smacking popers with slugs???

We had good eyes on the stages and it will always be better to have a DQ than to miss one that was.

This match had a higher than average amount of shooters with very little match experience, with what we would call standard safety rules. As in just because the gun in pointed at the ground " you still can not break the 180"

I think its a good thing that so many law enforcement shooters were at the match.

That was one of the good things about this match. it injected New shooters into the "Game-Stream". That is very good for the shooting sports.

All of us must find a way to bring in new shooters. The Sport requires it to survive,& the sponsors require it to be profitable.

The Range officers were under instruction to do everything possible to help the shooter avoid a DQ

During the Range Officer's shoot the week before we had one guy that had never shot a match before. I watched him in his walk throw at how he had his arms dropped with the Air Gun. So I pointed out 180 traps.

I will say it again that I am very happy to have such smart friends to make this event work for so many shooters at so many levels.

I had one shooter with 308 tactical gear & his gun went down on our stage. ( we had to remove the upper from the lower to clear the stage. He was into the game so much that he went to match director and got permission for a Not for Score (fun run Re-shoot) when the squads had an opening.

I am fairly sure the guy was SWAT . Now thats a good Game Set-up when a Pro wants another try at it.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Hey everyone!

Match Web Guru, Justin Eagle, has match photos coming up on the site! More to come as soon as we get John Wandrisco's photos in route!

Enjoy and check back for more!

HOPEFULLY, video will be up by the end of the week!

Cheers,

Kyle

I'll post back on here once I get Wandrisco's photos online--they're sure to be fantastic.

Hey everyone!

Match Web Guru, Justin Eagle, has match photos coming up on the site! More to come as soon as we get John Wandrisco's photos in route!

Cheers,

Kyle

I'll post back on here once I get Wandrisco's photos online--they're sure to be fantastic.

That would be cool,,, I think he has a Pic of my Son with Jerry M,,, very cool,,, I know my sone wants a copy of that,,

Jim M ammo

IIRC we had 4 slugs-on-poppers, a .308 through the steel foot of a knocked-down popper (shooter went prone in the middle of the stage to engage the Larues & yanked a shot), and 3 or 4 180s. There were many more 180s we avoided only through lots of yelled "MUZZLE!" warnings.

It's great lots of new and rarely-shoot-competition shooters shot the match. I did send a suggestion to the match powers-that-be for next year to consider squadding new shooters so they're on break first-up and run them through a safety-hour on the match rules and gun-handling during that time.

Hey everyone!

Cheers,

Kyle

The "Photos" section at the Texas Multigun web site now has John's pictures on there. Enjoy!

Justin

Some stage specific videos from The NST.

"The Bridge" Stage

"Battle of the Bulge" Stage

Special thanks to Sheldon, his wife and everyone involved with the event for running a great match!

Edited by cold

• 9 months later...