Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spoke with Trapr and he is moving his High Plains Shotgun Challenge to June. It's official, the LaRue Tactical Texas Multigun Championship is scheduled for the weekend of April 15-16 2011. More details to follow...

SOB! :angry2: I wish it was the other way around. I can shoot an April match on my home range but I can't travel in April. Man this really bums me out because I have heard this is a great match and its so close too.

I guess Trapr didn't mention that the reason for the date change was to avoid all of those pistol only matches that steal away a lot of shooters.

Well enough of my crying. I hope y'all have fun.

Edited by jtischauser

No Jesse, the reason was Summer made it hotter and more of a local shooter freindly match , so out of towners would not be used to the heat and you would have a better chance of doing better. :roflol:

Actually, with summer it was thougth that it would be easier for people to get out of town and travel, and there is not many major matches in the area to have to jockey around. i don't know where you figured it was pistol only matches that worried me???????????????

Trapr

I'm with Trapr, best date to have a good 3 gun match is on the same weekend as a major USPSA pistol match, what 3 gunner wants to go shoot a 1/3rd gun match instead, :sight:

3 gun is an addiction :cheers:

No Jesse, the reason was Summer made it hotter and more of a local shooter freindly match , so out of towners would not be used to the heat and you would have a better chance of doing better. :roflol:

Actually, with summer it was thougth that it would be easier for people to get out of town and travel, and there is not many major matches in the area to have to jockey around. i don't know where you figured it was pistol only matches that worried me???????????????

Trapr

I was guessing at your reasoning. I was simply trying to think of ways to get them to move this match to June or July so that I could shoot in it.

But will there be Bloodwine, Chech'tluth, Gagh, and Mot'loch?

:)

A multigun match in Texas with decent rules AND a 3-gunner for a match director? What a concept! Glad I'll be back in time to shoot it :D

Alex

I just spoke with Trapr and he is moving his High Plains Shotgun Challenge to June. It's official, the LaRue Tactical Texas Multigun Championship is scheduled for the weekend of April 15-16 2011. More details to follow...

I damn near had a heart attack...thank god for April 15-16th....my Wife's birthday is April 30 and My Anniversary is May 1.....

Count me in!

Since we now have a Klingon as a match director, I'm guessing next years special pick up weapon might be a phaser? Or a Type 3 Disruptor? :goof:

Plutonium Q238 Space Modulator!

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Some links for you.

Range Web Site

Google Map Location

ETA: the balloon on the Google map is where the bays begin. The satellite image is old and doesn't show the earth work yet.

They have some new pic's over on the other side.

The range pics are up!!!! Page 4 and 5 of the thread below.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=405682&page=4

Jim M ammo