Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum member Limited40 started this thread about having name tags for all members, to be easily identifiable at matches, and member Jeff89 made the original drawing.

I then carried on, searching for the original fonts, and eventually incorporated benos suggestions.

This is the final result:

1-5-2.jpg

You can download a PaintShop Pro file (70KB, about 7" x 4"), or jpg file (11KB, 4" x 2.5").

Edited by Skywalker67

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys but Verizon screwed up my web space. :angry: I had to upload the file again. The name tag should remain until their next experiment....

Chuck 17 July 04

re:

Hi all,

I did a quick and dirty Word version. I used another program to erase the sample name in the JPEG and imported it into a MSWord doc. I then added a text box so you can edit your name and change fonts, colors, paste in your avatar, whatever.

Get the file at: Name Tag Word File

Unfortunately, the text box text is not as fuzzy as the JPEG stuff.

BTW: Use caution in distributing font files. Most of them are copyrighted.

Later,

Chuck

• 3 months later...

I made up a name tag and used a slip-in, clip-on holder for it at the GA State match this weekend. Got to meet quite a few BE'ers because of it (it worked!).

Most common comment - "I wished I'd done that!"

I tried everything I have and can not get a good clean copy of the image.  Sky - can you send me the original .psp file?

Of course I will...

BTW, there is an inside joke on this: "of course" is very similar to italian saying "di corsa", since "of" translates into "di" and "course" and "corsa" are very similar, the joke is in the fact that "di corsa" means "in a rush", so there is a double meaning: "of course I'll do it in a rush...".

Concerning embroidery: I tried to get a teammate of mines, who professionally does embroidery for patches, logos, t-shirts and so on, interested in this, but he told me that to reduce the tag to an acceptable sixze (let's say 4" x 2.5"), he'll need to create a clichè (plate), thus it could be worth only for mass production.

If anybody is voluteering to embroider it and sell it to forum members I can provide original files and help for free.

I have a laminating machine. I like to use luggage sized "tags" (wallet sized, with a loop hole attached).

I think we have some good paper around here that is the right color.

If I had a properly sized (business card or so) word file, I could probably pop these out, laminate them, and mail them for $5 of less.

• 1 month later...

Did anything ever happen with this idea. It sounded good so I downloaded the image and played with it in Paintshop Pro 7. It looks like it can be saved as a Photoshop file if anyone would like it changed. It only takes a minute to edit and save the file. If anyone wants one, PM me your info and I will email it back to you. I resaved mine as a buisiness card size so it will fit in the id window of my shooting bag.

TriggerT- Hey, I printed out one for my bag and one for another member who was interested. Not exactly ready for magazine print, but it looks good in the ID window of my shooting bag. They come out nice on photo paper.

Rhino-Did you get what you needed?

SG, I didn't know it was not workable. :(

Care to explain what happened?

Otherwise, I will try to make a personalized tag (jpg format, business card size) from the one I posted for whoever will ask for it. Just PM me with an email address, name and nickname to be printed. ;)

Hi all.

I got one PaintShopPro-version of this name tag, but I don't have all the fonts needed for it to open right. It affects the "www.brianenos.com" and your own name and nickname.

Anyway, it did convert to Adobe Photoshop allright with layers intact, but You don't have the font for above mentioned text right, and the text is raster, not vector, but on an own layer.

Sky, could you make a version of your original psp-file with all writing that do not need to be changed saved as path's instead of font?

That way we dont loose your layout and you can save it as a Adobe Photoshop (.psd) or Windows Enhanced Metafile (.emf) from PaintShopPro for the rest of us who don't hack it with PSP.........

Rhino-Did the file work or not? I can try some other versions if you had problems.

for the rest of us who don't hack it with PSP.........

Too late, already hacked up.

As far as the fonts go, Paint shop Pro will not support all of them, I changed them to Arial so anyone can read them.

Kingman-Yours is in the mail.

Edited by .40AET