Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Obscuring the Present

benos

I'm looking for that tiger with greater frequency. Haven't seen an actual tiger yet. :roflol:

Maybe the tiger is a shape shifter, and has turned himself into a aphid, or a shadow.

;)

“Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower, and draws all good things toward you. Allow your love to nourish yourself as well as others. Do not strain after the needs of life. It is sufficient to be quietly alert and aware of them. In this way life proceeds more naturally and effortlessly. Life is here to Enjoy!”

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

If you are willing to look at sameness rather than difference, you may find as I have, an unnerving similarity between Zen and the emerging Quantum Reality. It's all done with mirrors.

:D

True.

Now if we could just stop mistaking reflections for reality, we'd always be good to go.

be

• 2 months later...

The older I get, the more I learn from my border collie Jennie. She does "live in the moment". It does amaze me to no end that just taking a walk around the neighborhood...smelling the same bush day after day or catching a tossed frizbee can bring so much joy. She does not judge one day over another...one walk or activity over another...every experience brings happiness no matter how often you repeat it. Every trip around the same block is as if it has never happened before....she does not dwell in the past or look to some future event...she focuses on the present and IMHO...enjoys it. We can learn allot from border collies. If only she had thumbs to pull a slide back or cock a hammer....the mind is there...but the body just don't fit shooting. Like Will Rogers said..."If there are no dogs in heaven, send me where they are", Bisley

Einstein suggested that the apparent sequential progression of events is "A stubbornly persistent illusion". The concept of time in human consciousness can be thought of as a Meme. It has utility in the corporeal world, but like a virus in the computer world, if not contained, will iterate out of control and clog the system hopelessly. You are not your "spacesuit". Your "spacesuit" is what you see when you look in the mirror. "You" is what is looking out. It is a Quantum Universe. Quantum Reality and Zen share much in common. The purpose of both is to find the place of consciousness. There is an "uncertain" relationship between consciousness and the manifestation of physical reality. The "best" place to sit is with the observer. Let it BE, there is no time.

The older I get, the more I learn from my border collie Jennie. She does "live in the moment". It does amaze me to no end that just taking a walk around the neighborhood...smelling the same bush day after day or catching a tossed frizbee can bring so much joy. She does not judge one day over another...one walk or activity over another...every experience brings happiness no matter how often you repeat it. Every trip around the same block is as if it has never happened before....she does not dwell in the past or look to some future event...she focuses on the present and IMHO...enjoys it. We can learn allot from border collies. If only she had thumbs to pull a slide back or cock a hammer....the mind is there...but the body just don't fit shooting. Like Will Rogers said..."If there are no dogs in heaven, send me where they are", Bisley

I'm always learning from my dog, Mr. Tucker. Sometimes when we are walking I try to "simulate" his state of mind. It's cool when it happens.

The "best" place to sit is with the observer. Let it BE, there is no time.

Nice!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

There are times when I feel like a sign post, standing there thinking I am useful.

go this way or go that way. Perhaps you will find what you seek.

When you can see such post, keep in mind that it is also

telling you where you are now.

Now has a lot of merit.

this weekend I went past a tree with a lot of white finger boards

of places people might like to go visit.

Colorado was pointed the wrong way...

I wondered why anyone would want to go anywhere else

because the farm here is full of crops and green grass and the sky was a beautiful blue.

I do like the memory, it is just that being _there and then_ was far better.

miranda

• 5 months later...

Or thinking about the future. Past is only half of the problem. Other half is "What if."

Besides, it's not even really the past anyway. Try to remember every detail of something that happened recently in the past. You can't. And even if you were to compare it to something like a video of what happened during a situation, it would be wrong. Brains can be really stupid, and what we think happened is mostly just an illusion peppered with subjectivity. Same like how most eye-witnesses to crimes are completely worthless. They think they saw something that never actually went down that way. Especially when stress is involved. Stress one way or the other too, not just negative stress, but excitement as well.