Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex holster for Witness elite match

rjoy

Hello forum members:

I am looking for a kydex paddle or belt holster for my witness elite match 9mm. I currently have a safariland in leather, forget what model, but Midway showed that this pistol was supposed to fit in it. It did after much modification by me, but the pistol still sticks when I draw it from the holster. I have kydex holsters for my 1911's and I like them, but no one seems to show an application for this gun except Blackhawk, which I think is rather pricey. Will a holster for the CZ 75B hold the Tanfo as well? I'm not sure how identical the two firearms are physically. If so, I think Fobus or Uncle Mike's makes kydex holsters for CZs, but the CZ appears to have a different shaped trigger guard from what I can see in the holster pictures I was looking at. The holster appeared to have a sort of squared off or slightly undercut trigger guard molded in, as I recall. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BladeTech make them for the version of the Match with and without the rail.

Henning usually has them in stock, versus possibly a wait for Bladetech to manufacture one for you.

Yes, skydiver, it was the Bladetech that I saw, not the Blackhawk. Does anyone know whether a CZ 75B holster will work for the Tanfo? I think fobus makes a holster for the CZ, I'm looking for a holster that isn't as pricey as the bladetech.

I think that most of the Witness Matches imported into the US by EAA are large frames, and so they don't fit into a CZ-75B holster. At least, for me, neither of my Witness Matches will go into my CZ-75B holsters.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know whether a CZ 75B holster will work for the Tanfo? I think fobus makes a holster for the CZ, I'm looking for a holster that isn't as pricey as the bladetech.

IMHO, contrary to what everyone on the internet says the Tanfoglio isn't really a "clone" of the CZ75. A clone would suggest it has interchangeable parts (like a 1911 clone). Its based on a similar design, but you won't find many parts that are interchangeable, and if you've ever held a CZ and a Tanfoglio next to each other you can see the differences.

If you are looking for a "cheap" holster, Uncle Mikes has a cordura one that I carry my Baby Eagle and Tanfoglio large frame pistols in that will work for you.

- Nealio