Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Lee FCD - Glock Bulge

Woody Allen

What you need is a special order 9mm Mak FCD. You then use it with the Lee Bulge Buster to remove the bulge.

There is something going on in the past 2 years. I have been loading 9x19 since 1975 and have never had a problem with case bulges until the last couple of years when working with range pick-up brass. What kink of pressures are some of these people shooting? I have loaded hot for my P-08s for years and never had bulges like I see in some range brass. Either some are loading way too hot or there are some horrible barrels out there.

My 9x19 FCD will not even touch the case near the case mouth when the bullet is properly seated. It is set for the maximum SAAMI case dimensions; so, if the reloaded case does not exceed max dimensions, it will not be touched.

Next, going in and out of an FCD is no different than going in and out of a sizing die (and is actually easier on the case as the case is worked less) and the working of the case is immaterial as the cases are lost long before they ever split from overworking.

Seems many are addressing hypothetical problems rather than addressing reality. A FCD is not needed, but it does assure that all ammunition will chamber.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which station do you use it on? Are the rest of the stations dillon dies?..im a complete noob thanks. This is my only debate as to needing somthing better then a sdb, alot of the brass ill be using will be once fired. And I hear it really helps solve alot of issues at my club when people have trouble

Which station do you use it on? Are the rest of the stations dillon dies?..im a complete noob thanks. This is my only debate as to needing somthing better then a sdb, alot of the brass ill be using will be once fired. And I hear it really helps solve alot of issues at my club when people have trouble

I use Lee dies on all stations except the powder drop. That one is a Dillon powder die that works with the 550's powder measure. The FCD goes in station 4 as the last step. I've never had a round not feed, even into a KKM or LWD barrel with a tighter chamber.

Edited by BillR1