Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Compensator for AR-15?

SigAddict

I am in the market for a compensator for my 18" Larue Tactical Stealth upper (.223). What is the best compensator on the market for tactical carbine matches? I have been looking at the Titan AR-15 .223 Compensator, JP Tactical compensator and the Arredondo compensator.

Arredondo

Titan

Edited by SigAddict

best??? yeeesh yes that is really subjective, just as we people come in all shapes and sizes so do comps, and how they work also lands squarely with the operator and his/her shooting style and or body type

back in the day Gungames magazine ran an article on opengun pistol comps, as i recall there was 2 full pages of em, ifthere was an 'end all be all' comp then wouldnt it be justthe one comp???? viva la variety!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe

As stated above, the "best" is subjective... And prone to location. But that being said the general concensus is either a Titan or a Rolling Thunder dukeing it out fro top honors and a Bennie Cooley just behind them. I'm personally in the Rolling Thunder camp, have them on 5 different rifles now from 5.45x39 to .223 to 6.5 Grendel to .308 and have no plans to change to another brand any time soon. :closedeyes:

Mostly Irrelevant. Bennie Cooley won a national championship without a comp. Just pick one ( I would get a triangle shooting sports rolling thunder), ZERO your rifle and practice. And then practice again. And then quit worrying about equipment and practice again.

Mostly Irrelevant. Bennie Cooley won a national championship without a comp. Just pick one ( I would get a triangle shooting sports rolling thunder), ZERO your rifle and practice. And then practice again. And then quit worrying about equipment and practice again.

Practice,,, OK this is April 1st after all :roflol:

Jim M ammo

This same topic used to come up when I used to Drag Race.

"Blah, Blah, Blah...Our (insert your product) is better.

Here's how you can prove it to everyone and make your company have some credibility:

Take your product to a big match, along with all the other top comps.

Ask some top shooters to try it on the timer.

Video-tape the results.

Post on You-Tube

Report Back.

Until then you're just talking, and you aren't being too convincing...

After some serious pruning of unacceptable argumentative back-and-forth-bickering posts in this thread, it is being reopened. The original poster's question is valid and he doesn't deserve to be punished for the poor behavior of others. If you notice something you posted here is gone, that's why.

If you aren't certain something you plan to post is acceptable, please see the Forum Guidelines, conveniently located at the top of every forum page for your viewing pleasure, or PM a Moderator.

Play nice, or play somewhere else.

...The Mod Squad

Bought the JP comp and have been very satisfied with it. Looked at many and read the article in Front site and talked to others. I think most mentioned are good it all depends on each persons experience with the product. Not all barrels and loads are the same so you results and opinions may differ kinda like finding a holster you like.

After some serious pruning of unacceptable argumentative back-and-forth-bickering posts in this thread, it is being reopened. The original poster's question is valid and he doesn't deserve to be punished for the poor behavior of others. If you notice something you posted here is gone, that's why.

If you aren't certain something you plan to post is acceptable, please see the Forum Guidelines, conveniently located at the top of every forum page for your viewing pleasure, or PM a Moderator.

Play nice, or play somewhere else.

...The Mod Squad

:bow: