Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer or Canyon Creek Trigger Job?

drysideshooter

Which company would any of you recommend for a trigger job, Canyon Creek or Springer?

One shooter I talked with at a a USPSA event last weekend had a Springer trigger job done on his XD and he said he was going to have his sons done by Canyon Creek. He said that he had shot a XD like his with a Canyon Creek trigger job done and he said he thought it felt better than his Springer. That is only one guys opinion though. I would be interested in knowing what the collective here thinks?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Springer do my trigger job on my XDm .40 and am very happy with it. I have also shot an XD .40 with a Canyon Creek trigger job and honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two. Of course, YMMV. I don't know whether time is a consideration or not. Springer helps pay the shipping costs. He received my XDm on a Friday and shipped it back to me on Tuesday-great turnaround time. Others can comment on the turnaround time for Canyon Creek. You probably couldn't go wrong with either one!!!

Edited by The_Vigilante

Thanks. I think I will let turnaround time be the deciding factor then. It sounds like turnaround might be faster from Springer. I sent an email to Canyon Creek asking about turnaround time but didn't hear anything back. Might be another reason to go with Springer.

Canyon Creek. Wouldn't hesitate if I were you. Scott Springer does magic too. Marty Kolodziej (pronounced Kowagee) at Accuracy Speaks in Mesa, AZ does a kick ass XD trigger according to TGO. But what the heII does he know. ;)

Jim

I have been to both websites but never paid any attention to where Springer was located. I just realized that they are in Bend, OR. I live in eastern Washington and Bend is only a couple hours away. I am down that way a fair amount. I think I will contact them and see if it would be possible to drop off a gun when I'm down there and pick it up on my way back through or something.

I used springer for my trigger job on my XD-40 Tac. He called me the day after I shipped it to him and asked what games I shoot. At the time it was primarily IDPA. He just wanted to let me know that the grip tape I had under the trigger guard would bump me to open if I was shooting USPSA. I was happily surprised and loved the customer service. Oh yea, and the trigger is fantastic too!

Scott Springer did an awesome job on my XD. I also had him change out the guide. He was fantastic!. Turned my gun around in time to shoot Nationals. I had only shot Production for a total of maybe 300 rounds before Scott's trigger job. And 100 after it, just prior to Nationals. It was amazing how good it was for me.

I used Powder River Precision target match trigger parts and did it myself. Not difficult to install and much improved over stock. Relatively inexpensive too. Any do-it-yourselfers may want to look in this direction as well.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Canyon Creek is my vote. I have both XD9 and XD40 tacticals with Rich's trigger work. Outstanding! I have had people tell me they feel like 1911 triggers. Couldn't be happier. Bshooter

I agree. My CC Custom XDM 9mm has an awesome trigger and shoots great