Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best belt for competition shooting?

blackbird

I am fairly new to the shooting world. I wear a Milt Sparks leather belt when I shoot USPSA matches with my Glock 34. I see a lot of different belts out there and I am wondering what the ideal one would be for this kind of shooting.

P.S. I'm female if that makes any difference...hips and all that;-)

LOOK at CR SPEED or DAA. Two of the best

and most used-IMHO- look around at the

matches and see whats being used. Ask if

you can try some ones rig. Lots of shooters

will be happy to help.

One of the most popular and probably the best belt is the CR-Speed. It allows you to leave your holster and mag pouches on the belt and take it off. There are two belts that come together, one for your pants that is soft and has the soft velcro (loops), and the outer belt is stiff and has the hard (hook) velcro. It makes it easy to put on your belt with all the holsters already attached. And it doesn't flop around since it it stiff.

Randy

CR Speed is popular and seems to be well designed. If you wear pants with a 34 inch waist, a 34 inch CR Speed belt will be too small. Either ask advice from the vendor or borrow a CR Speed belt from someone at the range to determine what size to order.

Either the CR Speed or Double Alpha Academy...I also have a Guga Ribas belt and it appears pretty much identical to the CR Speed. Definitely get one much larger than you need....I have a 31" waist and a 34" belt is barely big enough so I went with a 36" for the newest rig and it's much better. R,

Hello: The CR Speed is a great belt. I bought mine from Shooters Connection :cheers: I would get a belt 4" larger than your actual waist size. So if you have an actual waist size of 24", get a 28" belt. Can you tell I'm married and know what to say :roflol: I have a 34" waist and use a 38" belt. The overlap helps hold the belt on better for me. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric