Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 45

buckaroo45

ken, would the mag well and pads (45) be ready and right for this years IDPA Nationals? it is getting very close and would not want to make changes only 2 or 3 weeks before the nationals.

thanks

Robert

ken, would the mag well and pads (45) be ready and right for this years IDPA Nationals? it is getting very close and would not want to make changes only 2 or 3 weeks before the nationals.

thanks

Robert

That is our goal but a lot of stuff happens that we have no control over, it seems every time I say this part or that part will be ready next week or in two weeks something comes up and a month later they're still not ready. I know it's frustrating for you guys but it's even more so for us, we're working on it I promise.

ken,

thanks for the info. i do understand and glad your stuff is always right when i get it.

but after another 2 or 3 weeks. i mostly likely not order anything else for the 45 this year. i am shooting the 45 at the idpa nationals cause of been unjustly promoted :rolleyes: in the other divisions. then it will go into safe and i will being getting into the ft. benning 3 gun and limited mode.

thanks,

ps what happened to the ssp pads?

ps what happened to the ssp pads?

It took a lot longer than we anticipated to sell the hundred that we initially made so we're still considering whether to make another batch.

Edited by kend

• 2 weeks later...

The Aluminum magwells are finished, we still need to put a finish on the steel ones, probably Parkerizing unless we get a better suggestion. Since we can't seem to get it done during the week I'm going to try to get a pre-production sample of the base pad done this weekend so we can make sure everything fits.

The Aluminum magwells are finished, we still need to put a finish on the steel ones, probably Parkerizing unless we get a better suggestion. Since we can't seem to get it done during the week I'm going to try to get a pre-production sample of the base pad done this weekend so we can make sure everything fits.

excellent, thank you for the quick replies as always. Really looking forward to them. any chance of getting a teaser pic sometime? ;)

Edited by shasta214

woohoo :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, the first few base pads are finally finished, I had some pictures but left the shop in a hurry to watch the game and left the card on my desk so I'll have to post them tomorrow. The Aluminum magwells should be back from anodize tomorrow, the steel magwells are done but not finished. I'm thinking they'll get Parkerized but I haven't decided yet. We only ran about 20 or so of the base pads so we can see if there's anything we want to change before we get strung out with production, anybody want to test some? If you do, EMAIL me at kenny-d AT mindspring DOT com and let me know. If you pm me or email the office I probably won't get it until sometime next week. I know some of you are anxious for new stuff but please limit requests to those that are shooting the IDPA Nationals first, if we have a few left I'll let some of the others play with them.

M&P 45 with a steel magwell and magazine with the new base pad in the IDPA box.

MP45InBox.jpg

A closer look at the magwell/basepad, as you can see the magwell and basepad are still "in the white".

MP45Magwell.jpg

The basepad, we had to drill lightning holes to get the weight down to be legal, I don't like the way this looks so we're going to try different designs to reduce weight without having to drill the holes.

MP45BasePad.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Any headway with having them ready for sale? How did they do at nationals?

they did great at IDPA Nationals! zero issues, i did not.

no issues at equipment check bay either, nothing at all said, but it seemed to me he looked at scale awful hard for some reason. to me steel is the way to go! it really helps me hold still when you really have to use those sights.

• 6 years later...