Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 45

buckaroo45

I'm accumulating parts for a limited / open M&P 45 blaster. I'm stumped on a good magwell like the ICE. Any idea where or whether anybody makes one? :unsure:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________--

Ideally you should always practise with one eye closed, standing on your weak side leg, with weak hand only.

Then when you get to a match, everything else seems easy. - some guy from Dallas

• 1 month later...

Nevco is no longer making magwells, we have the last of their inventory so they don't have any to modify, even if it were possible. We will start production on our M&P 45 magwell next week, it will fit the IDPA box so it's not going to be as large as an Ice or our M&P 9 Limited magwell but will be plenty of magwell, Dave Olhasso uses one of our prototypes. The only drawback right now is the required thicker base pads are going to take a little longer.

I've come to the conclusion there are no competition type magwells because nobody shoots the 45 acp in Limited due to the "limited" # of rounds onboard. I got tired of coming up empty handed so I'm putting my Limited efforts into my XDM 40. I'm smarter now than I was at 8 am.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah that I were young enough to have focus now that I see the use of it. - A 60 something boomer

The number of rounds in the 45 is exactly why it's not used in Limited but it is used quite a bit in IDPA matches in CDP which allows a magwell but it has to fit the box. I'm looking at having the magwells ready in the next two weeks but it'll be a bit after that before the base pads are ready.

Ken,

You need to add a setscrew or some other retaining device for IDPA-oriented extensions. They are likely to get dropped on concrete floors often. My prototype 9mm ones have come flying off during a reload indoors about 60% of the time since day one.

Not complaining though, since they're free.

But like a lot of IDPA guys I do a lot of indoor matches, and whatever I use is going to be hammered on concrete. They are now quite a bit looser than when originally delievered.

The number of rounds in the 45 is exactly why it's not used in Limited but it is used quite a bit in IDPA matches in CDP which allows a magwell but it has to fit the box. I'm looking at having the magwells ready in the next two weeks but it'll be a bit after that before the base pads are ready.

Are we there yet?

RWF

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, more than a week since the last post.

I am interested in one of these mag wells as well.

Any updates? I have a Burwell worked over M&P 45 that is smoother than butter. I don't really need the magwell but hey, why not try one and take that moped for a ride...LOL

Later, Lumpy.

The magwells should be finished shortly and then they'll have to go out to anodize, after we get them back here they'll be lasered and then added to the website. The new ESP base pads for the 9/40 just came back from anodize and they'll get lasered tomorrow and then added to the website.

• 2 weeks later...

has it been about 2 weeks yet? :)

I sent SSS an email about these last week and got the word they were going out for anodyzing this week. Should be ready for sale before the end of the month!!!

Patience is a virtue I suppose

Addict

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK ....... It's been a month with no additional info on the M&P 45 magwell. Is there a revised status?

Thx

______________________________________________________________________________________--

Ah that I were young enough to have focus now that I see the use of it. - Me

OK ....... It's been a month with no additional info on the M&P 45 magwell. Is there a revised status?

Thx

______________________________________________________________________________________--

Ah that I were young enough to have focus now that I see the use of it. - Me

They are finished and being lasered now, we should be starting on the base pad to go with them the first of the week.

Ken,

So say some guy from Virginia such as myself would like to get a magwell and "great" basepads (at least 6 for a state level IDPA match in July), how would I go about doing this and how much would it cost me?

Your last reply was on 17 June, so I didn't know if it would be better to call or better to post a reply. Due to the time of night and my current work schedule, well, posting here won out.

Let us know. I am interested. Thanks, Lumpy.

Tell ya the truth I got tired of waiting for the M&P 45 magwell and sold the gun. I'm back to my Limited 40's.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ideally you should always practise with one eye closed, standing on your weak side leg, with weak hand only.

Then when you get to a match, everything else seems easy. - some guy from Dallas