Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6.5 creedmore for AR-10

Bear23

Rob,

You I haven't run across any stand alone uppers in 6.5 Creedmore. You are probably going to have to go the custom built route or gather the parts and put it together yourself.

If you have one built I am sure GA Precision would do a great job.

FYI guys if you can find a 6.5 whatchacallit from DPMS you can use that barrel on a AR-10. The barrels work both ways even with the BCG. Just check your headspace to make sure.

***NOTE*** I have not tried it, just from the research I've done when looking for barrels. I've seen DPMS guns with Noveske barrels sooooooo.

I don't have any first hand knowledge but I just found these

http://www.ar-10-rifles.com/index.php

To add to my previous post, building uppers is really not that difficult from a mechanical standpoint. All you would need to buy other than gun parts is an upper receiver block and forend wrench.

The difficulty would lie in finding out what the proper gas port sizing should be with the Creedmore. However you could get close and then fine tune it with an adjustable gas block.

Rainier Arms has Armalite upper receivers and parts, then you could pick a barrel manufacturer to make a barrel to spec and you would be set.

Sadly the smiths that I know of making AR 10's are running a pretty long lead time on them, so this might be the best option.

FYI guys if you can find a 6.5 whatchacallit from DPMS you can use that barrel on a AR-10. The barrels work both ways even with the BCG. Just check your headspace to make sure.

***NOTE*** I have not tried it, just from the research I've done when looking for barrels. I've seen DPMS guns with Noveske barrels sooooooo.

Yep, the uppers, lowers, and magazines won't interchange between the two different 308 platform rifles. Most 308's follow the Knight's SR-25 pattern: DPMS LR-308, REMI R-25, LARUE OSR, LWRC REPR, POF P-308, JP, and the newest Bushmaster (which is a DPMS). A few follow the AR-10 platform (Rock River does). The handguard threads on the uppers are different too.

Barrels should fit in whichever upper, for instance JP's 308 barrels do not differentiate between the two patterns. Not certain about the bolt carrier assembly...

Edited by Middle Man