Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights

ekratman

Hi,

I have been using a Dawson Adjustable rear on my G34 and am looking to move to the Warren Tactical or the Sevigny Competition or Carry rear. My thumb catches on the Dawson while obtaining my grip every once in a while. There are sharp edges and it is big...

Does any one know much about the Warren sights?

I am not finding much of any information on the Warren Tactical sight online. Is it less tall than their Sevigny line? It looks less tall in pictures, but the angles are always different...

Also, is the Sevigny Competition rear sight body wider than both the Warren Tactical and the Sevigny Carry? Any thoughts on the width?

I want to use a fiber front sight and was wondering what height to get so the center of the dot is on impact. On CPWSA.com Chris says that all three use a .245 front sight to get a point of aim impact, but it really looks like the Warren Tactical is less tall than the Sevigny line. Since its non-adjustable, I guess this is something I should work out before buying.

Anyone use these on a G34 with a fiber front?

Thanks!

Eric

Also, is the Sevigny Competition rear sight body wider than both the Warren Tactical and the Sevigny Carry? Any thoughts on the width?

Sevigny Competition rear sight .715 wide by .265 tall or something pretty close as measured on my G34

There is a thread on here with a side by side comparison. I will look for it and edit it in if I can find it. I use the Warren Tactical Sight rear and the shorter standard front in a plain black. I am finally shooting decent enough groups to know the difference and with 115 grain factory WWB, I am grouping a few inches high. I am going to buy the taller front soon. I have considered fiber optics and if I go that way I am torn between the taller sevigny fiber optic and a Dawson Precision .245 tall and .125 wide. The Dawson is.01 wider which I actually like, but the fiber is seated higher on the post on the Sevigny.

2-2-015-4profile-600x172-lrg.gif2-2-034-front_1-561x286-lrg.gif

Greg, thanks for posting those pictures. Its great to have a side by side comparison. That front sight looks like it has a larger fiber optic dot than my dawson (which is .04")... I've heard of people using Dawson fronts with their Warren rears, but that front looks pretty nice...

Eric

I just put this setup on my new G34 and it seems to be pretty close to dead on for me.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Warren-Tactical-Glock-Sevigny-Competition-Rear-Fiber-Optic-Front-P1094.aspx

+1

I just changed from Dawson over to this setup as well on my G35. Have not shot enough with them yet to form a solid opinion, but so far I like them.

Ameriglo makes a bunch of different sights for Glocks too, probably more options than anyone else, I'm running a combination than adds up to the same ratios as the Warren/Sevigny's in front width - rear notch width - perceived light bars... mine are at a lower .165 height that works better for me than the Dawson's/WTS's at their higher .215 height. Just something to check out if you want...

Eric, I have the Sevigny sights on my duty gun. I will bring it on sunday so you can look at it.

Hey Randy thanks for bringing it. I'll make sure William and I are in your shooting group so I can take a look at it.

Eric

I just put this setup on my new G34 and it seems to be pretty close to dead on for me.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Warren-Tactical-Glock-Sevigny-Competition-Rear-Fiber-Optic-Front-P1094.aspx

Not trying to hijack the thread, but would it be safe to assume this would also work on a Glock 17?

Should be good to go most all Glocks use the same sights.

The G36 seems to be the exception, it always seem to be listed separate.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but would it be safe to assume this would also work on a Glock 17?

The 9mm/.357/.40 use the same sights, the .45/10mm use a taller rear sight.

Yes, I have the Sevigny Comp sights on a G17 and a G34. They are great sights. I like them better than the Dawson set I had previously.

Hello: I like the Warren rear sight and the Dawson fiber front sight. This setup works great in Glock 17's and 34's. The Dawson front is 0.105 wide and 0.225 tall. Dawson #019-002. These are available from Shooters Connection. Thanks, Eric

• 1 month later...

I have Sevigny competition sights on my 34's and 35 and they were a few inches high. I tried the Warren .245 front that Chris Patty Sells and they were hitting an inch or two low. Bought and installed Heinie .235 front's all around and I'm happy now. One G34 is perfect with my 124gr load and one with my 147gr load :blink: The G35 is dead on with my 180gr BBI Major load. Anyway, hitting high is better than hitting low. Makes it easier to hold low and still hit plates at a distance.

I just purchased a set of Ameriglo Pro Operator night sights for my G19. I love the sight picture which is nearly identical to the Sevigny sight picture. I haven't shot it yet to check POA/POI yet though. Oddly enough, the standard Heinie all black "Qwik" rear with .215 black front was a bit high on my G17 but is dead on with my other G19. Experiment and see what works for you. I personally like to hit whatever is right on top of my front post.

... I am torn between the taller sevigny fiber optic and a Dawson Precision .245 tall and .125 wide...

I think you'll find the Dawson brighter because of the greater length.

That can vary from shooter to shooter, depending on your particular physiology and how recoil interacts with your body, how hard you grip the gun, and therefore how high the gun flips in your hands before the bullet exits the barrel. There is no one correct answer to that question, and all you're going to get from people here, as well-meaning as their answers might be, is their experience - which may have absolutely no correlation to what will work for you.

That can vary from shooter to shooter, depending on your particular physiology and how recoil interacts with your body, how hard you grip the gun, and therefore how high the gun flips in your hands before the bullet exits the barrel. There is no one correct answer to that question, and all you're going to get from people here, as well-meaning as their answers might be, is their experience - which may have absolutely no correlation to what will work for you.

Huh ? I'm confused by your answer, the gun is either sighted in or it's not. There can only be one place

the gun can be pointed at when the shot breaks in order to hit a certain dime sized spot at 15yds.

Ok, besides all that, let me ask in a different way. What is the most common height front

sight to use with a Warren rear on a G34. From what I have been reading, the standard .215 will more then likely hit high on the 5" guns ??

Edited by P.Pres