Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

February

benos

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, my brain is mush. I've read, then re-read the post Brian mentioned that Chuck had right for several hours now (I want the damn book!). The "heed" part, I think I understand, maybe a misspelling, but it was misspelled in the post and in the jpg title. The birth mark or whatever it is on the back of Brian's head. I don't think it is the Tron guy....I see the balancing bear.

My last best guess is:

Clicking on your avatar takes you to your profile page, where the picture of your "heed" is.

Or, the birth mark is a link to Brian, and also his avartar is a link to Brian.

I'm gonna go sit in a dark corner now and wait for the guys in white suits to take me to the padded cell.

The center of the Enso and the forum have the same background color?

The Enso and the birthmark are both "marks" - you can mark all post as "read"?

It's (the Enso) is the unsquashed ball that the bear was balancing on?

When opening a forum page, a small blue circle appears where the Enso was in the tab and disappears and the Enso returns once the page is loaded? In the post Brian said Chuck had right, the birthmarks on Brian's head were outlined in blue, and the loading circle in the tab is blue?

Edited by GrumpyOne

Ok, another shot in the dark. Your avatar (the Enso) is listed as av-171.gif. Your profile pic is listed as photo-171.jpg. Both are listed as 171 images but are different?

Wow, you are really working for it.

But sadly no, that's not it. That would have been a good one though.

Those that are thinking "purely visual" are on the right track.

;)

be

Thanks Brian, at least ya noticed! But there ain't no prize for guessing it after someone else has!

Is it viewable in all browsers? I'm using IE, not Mozilla or Firefox.

Yes, the visual relationship between the Enso and the forums appears in all browsers.

Okay here's a big hint. What is a unique thing a helicopter can do? And how does the answer relate to something that happens when browsing the forums?

;)

"Today's Top Posters" on the main page of the forum are never arranged in a good grid, even though it looks like they could be. Instead, it looks like they are arranged in some sort of distended circle, like the Enso.

Either that or you are tying to point out the "donations box" because the PayPal Verified label looks like the Enso. ;)

A helicopter can hover. You can hover your mouse pointer over links in the forum. Hmmmmmm

If you hover on the avatar and click you are hovering on the pic when it gets to the profile page.

But the pic is not a link.

Would somebody win this already?

Enso is round. Magnifying Glass icon in Search field is round. Coincidence? I think not! :goof:

Both circular icons represent the quest for, and approach to, enlightenment. Both can yield great things, some things, or nothing depending on the perspective of the one seeking the answers. Like many things in life, one gets out what one puts in.

my stab at the dark...

clicking on the Enso (Brian's Avatar), brings up his profile, but in between, my browser tab shows (something similar to): Spinning_wheel_throbber.gif

apparently it's called a throbber, in IE it's blue. but it looks like a helo's main rotor. Enso is a circle, but the throbber is a moving circle (as it should realy be). so Enso, throbber/helo graphic, profile.

A helicopter can hover. You can hover your mouse pointer over links in the forum. Hmmmmmm

If you hover on the avatar and click you are hovering on the pic when it gets to the profile page.

But the pic is not a link.

Would somebody win this already?

Finally, someone's getting warmer.

Get on it... fiddler and GrumpyOne.

;)

When you hover your mouse cursor over something, it tells you what the link is to, and also turns into a little hand (if you have it programmed that way). Which in turn looks like someone pointing a finger gun! A little finger gun pointing straight up! So, the Enso is (in this instance) related to the zen of shooting, and the cursor is the gun.

Edited by GrumpyOne

Your member name turns the same color as the Enso when you hover over it!

Hallelujah! We have winner number 2!

PM or email me your address and I'll send out the book.

And ChuckS, please PM or email me your address.

forum@brianenos.com

Every link that now hover's gold, used to hover green (the new forum's default hover color). Never liked the green ("blue and green should not be seen together except in the washing machine"). And since the hover color is controlled in many different Elements of the forum's Stylesheet, changing them all to a new color, even if I had a color in mind, would be a tedious task. So I was living with the green.

The day I started this thread, I changed my avatar's color from a light tan color to the current goldish color, because I didn't like the Avatar's color with the forum's new brighter blue. Right away I liked the gold color with the forum's main blue colors, then thought that would be a good hover color. Then I had a eureka idea. Sample the Enso's color in Photoshop, and search for the six digit color code in the main Stylesheet, and do a "replace all" with the green. So I did, and hence the idea for this.

be

Your member name turns the same color as the Enso when you hover over it!

Hallelujah! We have winner number 2!

PM or email me your address and I'll send out the book.

And ChuckS, please PM or email me your address.

forum@brianenos.com

Every link that now hover's gold, used to hover green (the new forum's default hover color). Never liked the green ("blue and green should not be seen together except in the washing machine"). And since the hover color is controlled in many different Elements of the forum's Stylesheet, changing them all to a new color, even if I had a color in mind, would be a tedious task. So I was living with the green.

The day I started this thread, I changed my avatar's color from a light tan color to the current goldish color, because I didn't like the Avatar's color with the forum's new brighter blue. Right away I liked the gold color with the forum's main blue colors, then thought that would be a good hover color. Then I had a eureka idea. Sample the Enso's color in Photoshop, and search for the six digit color code in the main Stylesheet, and do a "replace all" with the green. So I did, and hence the idea for this.

be

Damn! I really thought the little finger gun thing was it! And the hint came after I went to bed. It gets late here early on the east coast! I've got to get a different job that I don't have to get up at 4:00 am every morning so I have more time to read the forums!

Damn! I really thought the little finger gun thing was it! And the hint came after I went to bed. It gets late here early on the east coast! I've got to get a different job that I don't have to get up at 4:00 am every morning so I have more time to read the forums!

Check your PM's.

;)

Check your PM's.

;)

Check yours! :P