Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom S&W revolver front and rear sights-LOCKED DUE TO LENGTH

Protocall Design

Got my sight in short time after ordering, just took a while for me to get it into the gun.

I LOVE my sight. After taking it to the range with minimal moonclips, I got it sighted in once I finally got my revolver back from a (very sick) local gunsmith. Shot 6 moons to check the vertical adjustment, and off to Area 7 I went, where I proceeded to have the best match I've shot in a long time. This front sight, being narrow, jumps out like there's no tomorrow. I probably drove my car-mates crazy raving about how happy I am with it.

Thanks Warren, for a great product and a VERY happy roundygun shooter!

Edited by Mooney

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Toolguy,

I am in need of a fiber optic front sight for a 625 v-comp. It is the dovetail mounted front. I saw where you had made one for another forum member and I am looking for exactly the same. As soon as you let me know I will order and pay. Thanks

PM me for any more details

Edited by cslafrain

Hi cslafrain-

I just modify the original Patridge ones. If you have one like that you can send it to me and I'll make it fiber optic for $40.00 + $5.00

shipping. Your choice of colors - Red, Green or Orange. The Ramp front sights don't work for that. If y our gun has a Ramp, you might

be able to get a Patridge one from S&W. Best Regards- Warren

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chandler-

Send the sight with a check or money order. Include a note telling me

how you want the sight to end up. Color and size of fiber - red, orange or green, 1mm .040 inch, or 1.5mm .060 inch. Full width (.125)

or something thinner (.100 for example). If you want it thinner, we need to use the 1mm fiber. Be sure to include a return shipping address. It will be machined, hot blued and the fiber installed. When you get it, install on the gun and go.

Best Regards - Warren

Edited by Toolguy

Warren,

I had an intense case of cabin fever the other day (got up to 20 degrees and the wind was only 15MPH) so I was out with the 617 and discovered much to my suprise and delight that the back of the sight was slightly higher than the front. I love that design because it gives me great sharp edges for a 25 yard shot while the fiber helps speed up getting the front blade into the rear notch. I have a couple of steel A zones that I placed on the 25 yard frames (bullseye range) and was getting 90% hits on transitions 6 yards apart as fast as I could see the front sight on the plate. This gun is no where as crisp as the 625 Carmoney did and the 10 shot speed loaders allowed me to shoot about 240 rounds before I lost feeling in my toes.

Not much of a product review but it is a great front sight.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Warren, are you still making these sights? I need 1 ea.

1) Style - To replace Ramp type Pin-on for M25 Mountain Gun

2) Sight - .100 wide - 1mm Fiber Optic (FO).

3) Color - green

4) Height - .300" tall.

Is paypal still ok?

I spoke to Warren today and his computer is broken. You may want to give him a call.

Seiichi

Hi Warren, are you still making these sights? I need 1 ea.

1) Style - To replace Ramp type Pin-on for M25 Mountain Gun

2) Sight - .100 wide - 1mm Fiber Optic (FO).

3) Color - green

4) Height - .300" tall.

Is paypal still ok?

I spoke to Warren today and his computer is broken. You may want to give him a call.

Seiichi