Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom S&W revolver front and rear sights-LOCKED DUE TO LENGTH

Protocall Design

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - I will have more than just what was ordered. I have to make these is production runs. One at a time, they would be about

$90.00 each. You can start sending payments now. As soon as they are done I'll ship to the payments received. Be sure to

include shipping address and preferably phone # in case I have a question about what you want. Thanks to all! Warren

Edited by Toolguy

Updated for mwx40x40 & festus1 orders. Also updated status - we plan to have this run completed by 3/14. Now ready to accept payments.

I will take a plain black .300 Classic. What number do I call for CC order? I did not see one listed.

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS for answering my Question! Now, I've come up with ANOTHER...Don'tcha' just LOVE Questions???...I REALLY LIKE the .100-in. width Front Sight with the .125-in. wide "Factory" rear sight notch on FOUR-INCH guns...seems like I see a lil' TOO MUCH "Light" on either side of the front sight when using the .100-in. wide Front Sight on LONGER Barrels, so...

Have you given any thought to making the Front Sight Blades with an "Intermediate" Width--like .110 in. to .115 in.??? That'd be the "Cat's Meow"--at least FOR ME--on Five-inch to Six-and-a-half inch barrels, when used with the "Factory" width rear sight notch(es). Thanks!....mikey357

Yes - the bottom part of the Pin-On and Classic are both .125 wide, then the blade part that you see thru the rear notch is .100 wide,

centered on the .125 part. That's why no one else wants to do them - too much work. Good question.

Edit to add - Should have the first run ready in a week or so.

COOL!!!...I'll be lookin' out for THAT...and THANKS for getting to the Question so FAST....mikey357

One I get the .100s out the door and see how that goes, I might think about doing custom widths for a small additional fee.

Updated for mwx40x40 & festus1 orders. Also updated status - we plan to have this run completed by 3/14. Now ready to accept payments.

I will take a plain black .300 Classic. What number do I call for CC order? I did not see one listed.

When will this order go out?

These are going to be finished machining sometime tonight. They will then get deburred tomorrow and hot blued next week,

possibly as soon as Monday. As soon as they are blued or blued and fibers installed, they will go out. I have made several of

each kind, so subsequent orders can be shipped in a more timely manner. This project turned out to be more than I had

planned on. For those who were on the original order, thanks for your faith in me and your patience. I have worked very hard

to make a first quality target grade sight. Best Regards- Warren

Edited by Toolguy

All orders are ready. Don't have payment or ship to info for most. I'm shipping to those I can find. If you haven't sent

payment please do so. .

Edited by Toolguy
remove PI

COOL!!!...I'll be lookin' out for THAT...and THANKS for getting to the Question so FAST....mikey357
One I get the .100s out the door and see how that goes, I might think about doing custom widths for a small additional fee.

Mikey357 - tell me what you want. Custom widths are $50.00 black, $55.00 F/O + $5.00 shipping.

Got mt sight today as well.... they look really nice but alas, I bought the wrong one. I thought since my 625 had a pin in the front that I needed the pinned one as was wrong, looks like I needed the classic one. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Warren,

Carmoney referred me to you.

I have a S&W 629 "Trail Boss." It has the 3"bbl and MagnaPorting. My problem is I keep melting the plastic insert on the front sight.

I found the pin holding the ramp on, it's about 1/3 from the back of the blade.

I want an all black sight to replace the factory one, preferably a little thinner but the same height. I don't much care if it is a ramp or partridge type.

I teach at Front Sight where speed and accuracy are job requirements, but almost no instructors carry revolvers. Do you have what I need in stock or can you refer me to the right place? I have decent mechanical skills and few tools, so the simpler the better.

Thanks,

John

--------------------

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Hi John-

Give me a call at  so I can determine exactly what you need. I probably have it in stock right now.

Hi Danva-

Sights are in stock ready to ship. Call or email with details. T

Thanks Guys!

Edited by Toolguy
remove PI

• 1 month later...