Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom S&W revolver front and rear sights-LOCKED DUE TO LENGTH

Protocall Design

TOPIC IS NOW LOCKED TO POSTS, BUT WILL REMAIN FOR INFORMATION.

We are selling S&W custom front and rear sights.

Front sight options:

These custom sights are .100" wide (thinner than normal, which is .125" wide) x 3/4" long, with the following options:

1) Style - Pin-on or Classic Style Patridge

2) Sight - All Black or 1mm Fiber Optic (FO).

3) Color - If Fiber Optic, please indicate: green, red, or orange

3) Height - .200", .250", or .300" tall. .200 height - pin-on only.

Below are some pictures of different sight options, starting with a picture of the muzzle of a gun with a classic sight:

post-10360-025825400 1286744838_thumb.jp
Muzzle with hole for classic sight

post-10360-095077600 1286743906_thumb.jp
Pin-on black

post-10360-074234700 1286743912_thumb.jp
Classic black

post-10360-015514200 1286743924_thumb.jp
Pin-on FO (orange)

post-10360-044983000 1286743995_thumb.jp
End view, red FO

post-10360-096490800 1286744028_thumb.jp
End view, green FO

Pictures of sights mounted on a revolver.

post-10360-070633300 1286746131_thumb.jp

post-10360-091785100 1286746140_thumb.jp

To confirm your order:

Please note the following changes to ordering methods:

Please check the Contact information, ordering, and pricing information post for ordering information. While you can still post here, it is better to contact us according to the information on that thread. When ordering, indicate the following:

1) Options - Style, Sight, Color, Height

2) Quantity - If different options, please be sure to specify each combination of options.

Payment:

We can accept postal money orders, credit card, and PayPal.

Payment needs to be sent prior to shipment.

Thank you!

Warren

Edited by Protocall Design
Change ordering information

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how much demand there would be for a fiber optic or a good post type sight for fixed sight S&W revolvers. The front sight in my avatar is a cut down SDM. It is about .150" tall. There are a bunch of the newer J-Frames that have a pinned front sight with no good replacement sight on the market that I am aware of.

There are some Model 10s showing up at IDPA matches plus the self defense market might be a place for sales. :) It seems like there is a lot of talk on some of the self defense forums about how to get a good front sight on a J-Frame.

Yes - they have them in stock. Bill has been threatening to redo his website for a while now, but he's really busy running around the country

doing the pistolsmith classes and keeping up with everything else. Call them tomorrow and you should get fixed up. If not, let me know and

I will help you. Best Regards- W

1) Interest - Ready to order OR just interested.

Ready to order. One question, is fiber easy to change out (unlike SDM)?

2) Options - Style, Sight, Color, Height

Pinned, Fiber optic, Green, .300

3) Quantity - If different options, please be sure to specify each combination of options.

Two (2) not a big order, but that's all I need :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Edited by Brian Gonsalves

I'm always interested in something better. I currently use the SDM front sight .250 I believe.

Do you have pictures of your sights? How are they mounted?

I'd go with Green fiber optic, as skinny as possible. The shorter sight means I don't have to buy such a tall rear sight.

Hi Brian- the fibers are very easy to change out. Trim one end to remove, melt both ends to install.

AZShooter- I don't have any pics yet. They are either pin-on or classic style clip-on. These are .100 wide instead of the normal .125 wide.

Yes - they have them in stock. Bill has been threatening to redo his website for a while now, but he's really busy running around the country

doing the pistolsmith classes and keeping up with everything else. Call them tomorrow and you should get fixed up. If not, let me know and

I will help you. Best Regards- W

Thanks. I don't need one right now but it is nice to know that they are available. I'll bet he could sell a bunch of J-Frame sights if people knew they were available.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!

Ready to order!

I need three .300 tall pinned sights .100 wide, NO FO

I also need one .200 tall pinned sight .100 wide, NO FO

Also, I need A Bianchi magwell for a single stack 1911 unit too....Put me on your list!

Thanks,

DougC

Edited by DougCarden

• 3 weeks later...

...here's a question I didn't see...on the .100-inch wide front sights...are they "Stepped" in width, so that they'll correctly fit the "Classic"-style front sight bases (or the front sight bases for the "Pin-In" style that are ALREADY set up for the conventional .125-in. width, for that matter?)? Thanks....mikey357

Yes - the bottom part of the Pin-On and Classic are both .125 wide, then the blade part that you see thru the rear notch is .100 wide,

centered on the .125 part. That's why no one else wants to do them - too much work. Good question.

Edit to add - Should have the first run ready in a week or so.

Edited by Toolguy

Yes - the bottom part of the Pin-On and Classic are both .125 wide, then the blade part that you see thru the rear notch is .100 wide,

centered on the .125 part. That's why no one else wants to do them - too much work. Good question.

Edit to add - Should have the first run ready in a week or so.

I am getting in on this kind of late, any chance of having extra 300 x 100 for S&W classic front sight?