Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Customer Service and Support

Protocall Design

• 3 months later...

No - I've got a bunch in process, but have other more pressing deadlines that I'm trying to meet before the Cup.

I will have to finish them up after I get back. I do have a bunch of 1911 base pads that are ready to go, I'll

have some of those on hand. Also, some mover front sights are in the works, those will get finished up after

the Cup too. Thanks for asking!

• 2 years later...

Ahoy Warren,

Finally got the time to install your revo adapter on my Hogue and apparantly there's something I don't understand. When I release the lock the gun literally flops about in the cradle. There is zero friction / retention. So much so that the gun will obviously fall out if I don't hold it in place. What don't I understand?

Thx,

Ron - Boca

• 2 weeks later...

On this type of holster you have to have it on lock or half lock to retain it. That's not a problem because your thumb unlocks it as you reach for the grip. If it's wobbly, then your trigger guard is probably skinnier than normal.

Ahoy Warren,

Didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with the part. Quite the contrary. I think it's an elegant piece of engineering. It's a precise, intelligently designed piece made of material sufficient to withstand our competitions. Problem is I have a severe neuropathy of the hands. They feel like I have thick shearling lined gloves on that have a plastic shell and have problems with most holsters. Finding a release actuator at the draw is problematic at best. That's why I can't use a holster that has retention. The Hogue Universal is about the only one I can use with confidence; therefore my delight when I found your adapter. You were kind enough to offer a refund and I appreciate it very much. In any event I have nothing but praise for Protocall Design's customer service and will speak highly of you and your products to my gun club. :cheers:

Warm Regards,

Ron

TY63917

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...