Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 autodrive for the 650

This looks really interesting. All my brass are sorted and processed before I load them on 650. I think the AutoDrive makes perfect sense for me.

The only question I have is whether the powder sensor will take up 1 more station. Currently all 5 stations on my 650 are taken:

1. Sizing

2. Powder drop

3. Bullet drop

4. Seating

5. Crimping

I'd hate to have to combine seating and crimping into one station. The video does not show the right angle for me to tell if the powder sensor requires a separate station.

This looks really interesting. All my brass are sorted and processed before I load them on 650. I think the AutoDrive makes perfect sense for me.

The only question I have is whether the powder sensor will take up 1 more station. Currently all 5 stations on my 650 are taken:

1. Sizing

2. Powder drop

3. Bullet drop

4. Seating

5. Crimping

I'd hate to have to combine seating and crimping into one station. The video does not show the right angle for me to tell if the powder sensor requires a separate station.

The powder sensor is hooked up to the Dillon powder check so yes it would take up a station unless you use a GSI tool head

Folks -

The 650 PRO is just about to be shipped - just days away. We extended the testing to ensure we get all the bits and pieces sorted and as a result have decided to INCLUDE the Optical Decapping Sensor with the unit (a $200 value) for free.

As was posted previously the product video is here:

http://www.markvii-loading.com/Videos_ep_41.html

And the design was changed from Prototype to Production to include an in-line direct drive mechanism to ensure that JamSense works as finely as possible in the upstroke of the 650 ram.

The sensors do NOT take up a die station UNLESS you use PowderSense per Smeeg and yes this is the same situation as with the 1050 models.

I'm having a hard time deciding on just getting the Mark VII 650 pro or upgrading everything to the 1050 setup.......

I already ordered the 650pro but am second guessing myself. What are the advantages of going all out for the 1050 setup? I only load .40 (maybe 9mm once a year) and only load maybe 1500/month. (300-400 a week)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat as you are...

I have everything set up nicely with 650, and can do 100 rounds/5 min manually with ease.

Of course as I am getting older my shoulder starts complaining when I pump out 500 rounds per day.

Suppose you already have the 650 fully decked out with case and bullet feeder.

If you go the 1050 route, you get brass processing capability for free. There are a lot of metal parts than 650. No life warranty from Dillon. It will cost you about 4,500 bucks in total (including selling your 650, keeping case and bullet feeder and buying the 1050 press + AutoDrive).

If you go with 650, you have to process your brass before loading them to run smoothly. There are lots of plastic parts on 650. Once you hook up AutoDrive, there won't be any life time warranty from Dillon. It will cost you about 1,900 bucks in total (you just need to buy the AutoDrive).

In the end, I think the 650 setup is more cost effective:

- If you already have 650 fully decked out

- AND if you don't mind pre-sorting and throwing away military brass before loading

• 1 month later...
It looks awesome. I would tend to want to keep it static and not mess with it once I had it dialed in, so it would be a dedicated machine per caliber...mo

I ended up buying the 1050 and the Mark VII. It is awesome...... ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would have to shoot a lot more than I do to even begin to justify the cost of it. Unless of course, my justification is, I just wanted it. 

I wouldn't hesitate to drop, what? Say $1,750.00 for a Super 1050, plus $2,525.00 for the 1050X Autodrive, another $700.00 for a GSI bullet feeder (I have a GSI on my 650 and like it a lot)...throw an additional $500.00 for incidentals, dies, mounts...whatever. Add all that up and you bounce off $5,500.00, and that is for only one caliber, which is good, because there is no way once I got all this working I would dare reconfigure it. Or maybe I would? Maybe you think strategically and make runs of a particular caliber in the thousands? Each caliber change would likely take another couple of grand and a week to tune. 

I'm not one to make a business out of this...we're too litigious a nation. Having said all that, I still think it is incredibly cool.

Edited by AbitNutz

• 5 months later...

So now that these have been out for a little bit what's the experience? I'm looking at picking one up, but the only person I spoke to that has one warned me that he found the need to process brass and swage it before being able to run this reliably. I currently run my range pick up 9mm thru a tumbler and then lube and load without much further issue. If going to the mark7 added a significant amount of brass prep I think it would be a deal breaker. Any word on this out there? Any personal experience heads up would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12 hours ago, shooterDrew said:

So now that these have been out for a little bit what's the experience? I'm looking at picking one up, but the only person I spoke to that has one warned me that he found the need to process brass and swage it before being able to run this reliably. I currently run my range pick up 9mm thru a tumbler and then lube and load without much further issue. If going to the mark7 added a significant amount of brass prep I think it would be a deal breaker. Any word on this out there? Any personal experience heads up would be appreciated

I have one an it works great.  It isn't necessary to pre process brass with the Mk7 anymore than it is if you are pulling the handle.  

I have one an it works great.  It isn't necessary to pre process brass with the Mk7 anymore than it is if you are pulling the handle.  

Cool. Thx for the response. You might be costing me money...