Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Xylan Coated Mags

peterthefish

I had mine sent to H&M and Nitrided them to stop them from rusting. Seems to do the trick.

I may eventually do this, but the cost is tricky. I'm worried about sending my whole mag collection (25 or so) in and them getting lost along the way, but breaking them into two lots means double the cost since they seem to price consistently for small lots. Maybe this winter in the off season - I'd like to get my steel grips done too.

I've heard and read from a few people these mags had issues with them feeding or not dropping free/ sticking and they had to polish the finish off.

I've considered having mine done in a pvd finish or something.

Shot with them today in a match with my open gun (9mm). They drop free fine and I'd think the slicker inside would make them less prone to feeding issues. I was worried the slick finish (they do feel slick like a Teflon pan) would see me tossing them on reloads but no issue so far...

I had mine sent to H&M and Nitrided them to stop them from rusting. Seems to do the trick.

I may eventually do this, but the cost is tricky. I'm worried about sending my whole mag collection (25 or so) in and them getting lost along the way, but breaking them into two lots means double the cost since they seem to price consistently for small lots. Maybe this winter in the off season - I'd like to get my steel grips done too.

I've heard and read from a few people these mags had issues with them feeding or not dropping free/ sticking and they had to polish the finish off.

I've considered having mine done in a pvd finish or something.

Shot with them today in a match with my open gun (9mm). They drop free fine and I'd think the slicker inside would make them less prone to feeding issues. I was worried the slick finish (they do feel slick like a Teflon pan) would see me tossing them on reloads but no issue so far...

I sent them my CZ Czechmate and about 6 mags at once. Insure the package and be done with it.