Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta vs Montana Gold

Big Guy

Yeah dude... I buy cases, so there you have it. 3k deltas cost the same as 3750 MGs, I ain't asking you homie.

So our newer members don't get confused, for 124 gr JHP bullets MG (montanagoldbullet.com, Kalispell, MT) is $350 for a case of 3750 (free shipping). PD (precisiondelta.com, Ruleville, MS) is $89 per thousand when you buy 2000 or more, so 3000 are $267, (free shipping). Interested readers can check it out for themselves.

For me, I've used both and don't find a huge difference. I know that others are loyal to one brand or the other, so do what works best for you.

PD says they are 89 bucks per 1000, but when I added 3, to my cart it was $351 so I bought MG. Maybe you have to do something special to get them for $89????? but they didnt just come in the cart that way.

What you're showing us is a preliminary pop-up saying "$351" - which also has a "CHECKOUT" button. When you click on CHECKOUT it goes to the actual CHECKOUT page, which says $267. (It's apparently just a glitch in their shopping cart program.)

Please let it go. It is what it is. Everybody else knows.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What you're showing us is a preliminary pop-up saying "$351" - which also has a "CHECKOUT" button. When you click on CHECKOUT it goes to the actual CHECKOUT page, which says $267. (It's apparently just a glitch in their shopping cart program.)

Please let it go. It is what it is. Everybody else knows.

How about you let it go genius... I am stating facts, all you are doing is dicking up the thread. I get it you are all wet over Precision Deltas, good for you.

Folks, look it up for yourself. Make your own decision. PD has been notified of the mistaken number showing up on the popup and will look into fixing it. When you go to checkout, it's $267. See for yourself.

I don't have any particular connection to either PD or MG, use them both. Also Bayou, BBI, and Blue for practice, at times. Don't even have any of their T-shirts.

I don't think the name calling is necessary and I think teros135 has been pretty polite in pointing out that the facts you're stating are incorrect whether it is a problem with their sites "add to cart" page or not. I think he and others like me are trying to keep the facts straight for other members who may read this thread thinking precision deltas are more expensive than Montana golds when in fact they are not. As entertaining as I find it to be, this isn't the site for name calling, But I'm sure a moderator will clean it up soon anyway.

Wow

All over a bullet!

Facts are facts, pd's are cheaper and normal folks go to the check out page to verify cost and no shipping charges.

I'm trying PD's just today

, Simple process and every one I know that shoots them locally likes them. Also a user of MG's, never an issue with them.

Here's the checkout:

post-42251-0-65350800-1466695220_thumb.j

So which one's "better"? Try them both and see. Like pretty much everything else, it'll depend on your gun, load, etc. Personally I think they're both fine bullets.

Edited by teros135

Yeah dude... I buy cases, so there you have it. 3k deltas cost the same as 3750 MGs, I ain't asking you homie.

Well, if you are after the facts, and not just argument, then PD discount works on lots of 2000. That means, if you buy 3000, you get 2000 for 8.9 cents ea, but the third one will hit you in the face with its regular price.

The simple way out of that predicament is to buy in even lots. 2000... 4000... 20,000...

Since the shipment is free, you can buy as often as you wish.

Since the PD is cheaper, and I use a lot of ammo in practice, it is an easy decision for me. I truly don't see any appreciable difference in performance, to me they are interchangeable. Match ammo gets the MG's. Easy to tell apart that way, too.

It's even better than that. I just tried an order of 3000, and it came up as $267 ($89/k). Apparently it's $89 for everything after 2000. (I wonder if they have higher-quantity discounts; maybe if you call them...)

They have a pallet quantity (100K) discount that is pretty strong. Get a group buy together! PM me for more info if you want.

I wondered how a simple thread could be getting so much activity.

OMG! Arguing over cost, Reloading for self defense, AND the highly controversial group buy, all in one thread!

What in the hell is this world coming to?!?!

OMG! Arguing over cost, Reloading for self defense, AND the highly controversial group buy, all in one thread!

I was thinking the same thing. How are there so many comments in this thread. And then I started reading, and laughed my ass off at how much stupid was going on.

MG = good bullets

PD = good bullets

Zero = good bullets

Hornady = good bullets

choose the one that shoots well for your gun, your needs, and your budget. Then shoot a whole bunch and realize it doesn't matter, you just should practice more to get better instead of arguing over tiny accuracy differences on the internet.

It was all part of my evil plan to slowly take over the BE universe!!!!!! :devil::devil::goof::goof:

What's the typical velocity difference you get between MG and PD for the same charge? I get almost 60fps.

I got MG 12 to 15 fps faster than PD. I forget what the length of PD bullet is, but I'm guessing that initial case volume made more of the difference for my gun than the bullet itself.

We should argue about primers now.

OK,,federal magnum verses federal pistol..

Faster better worse ?

No Federal SPP available anywhere for over a year, soooooooooooooooooooo..............Federal magnum Wins by default. :roflol:

We should argue about primers now.

OK,,federal magnum verses federal pistol..

Faster better worse ?

No Federal SPP available anywhere for over a year, soooooooooooooooooooo..............Federal magnum Wins by default. :roflol:

I got plenty. ??? Edited by EEH

I started shooting MG 121 IFP when I replaced my open 9x25 with a 38sup. I had 6k on hand. My range at home in FL is pure sugar sand and when it rains it washes some of the bullets out of the berm. I started finding 121 bullets which were not deformed but had torn jackets hanging on the side. This explained why some of my paper targets did not have a round hole but were torn. I've used several different primers and powders so no idea which these came from but I crono all loads to 170-175. I switched to Hor 115 round nose. Great bullets but with 8.9 SIL I get excessive leading in the comp. I am on my 3k box of PD 124 JHP no problems and accuracy problems can all be attributed to the operator.

Precision Delta for me - no more MG.

I just ordered some to see for myself the cost savings - accuracy debate

Just a heads-up, there isn't really a cost savings "debate", as I see it. MG 124 JHP are $96/k shipped (in bulk), PD are $89 (buy 2k or more). That's $7/k difference. If you like coated lead, BBI/Blue are about $72/k, Bayou a tad more. There are also some other brands I'm not familiar with. Your gun and shooting style may like one more than the other.

To see how this factors into loading costs, you can load 9major lead at $122/k (Autocomp), 9major jacketed at $145 (Autocomp, PD bullets), 38SC lead $146/k (Autocomp), 38SC jacketed $168/k (Autocomp + PD) or $190/k (3n38 + MG).

For these calculations, cases are priced at $30/k (or less) for 9mm (once-fired, or less if you use them several times) and $30 for 38SC (here's how: buy them at $150/k, shoot them 5x in practice, now worth $30 per thousand shots fired (or $25/k when you load them again (6th firing) and leave them on the range at a match).

Edited by teros135