Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta vs Montana Gold

Big Guy

Uuuuhhh.... So I have been shooting MG's for a while and this thread motivated me to give Delta's a look and what I found was staggering. Delta cost more than MG! And not just a little more... A lot more. 3k deltas cost the same as 3750 MG's?!??!! Tha f%*k??? Wow.

Montana golds because America and cheaper.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uuuuhhh.... So I have been shooting MG's for a while and this thread motivated me to give Delta's a look and what I found was staggering. Delta cost more than MG! And not just a little more... A lot more. 3k deltas cost the same as 3750 MG's?!??!! Tha f%*k??? Wow.

No and no. Both are made in America. PDs cost $89/k if you buy 2k or more, MG cost $96/k if you buy a full case of $3750 (or a lot more per k if you buy a lesser quantity.

Ive shot both Zero, MG, & PD. I found that any given gun will always prefer one over the other. But the margin of difference is always small when its a quality built pistol with a good precision custom barrel. Fact is we are not bullseye shooting for group or at a sub one inch 10 ring, we are shooting at generous cardboard and 6" plus size steel. So if a bullet shoots a 5 shot group into 1" and another at 1.250" at 25 yards they both are plenty suitable for the task. Of course we all want the best potential going into anything but if its so minimal why spend extra money. My advice is to try what you can get. I know Zero and PD offer 100 round sample packs. Shoot them and if any one of them substantially out shoots the others then of course use that pill, if they are all close then use the cheaper flavor. Ill shoot any of them through my Tanfo Gold Team with almost equal results and confidence. So at the end of the day I shoot PD as they are the cheaper option...and cheaper means you can afford to shoot more!!

As you pointed out, "cheaper means you can afford to shoot more".

If the PDs provide a marginal difference in accuracy with little less powder to be used, that's definitively the way to go for me.

Just received my 100 rnd trial pack yesterday. Will try them out this weekend.

Yeah dude... I buy cases, so there you have it. 3k deltas cost the same as 3750 MGs, I ain't asking you homie.

So our newer members don't get confused, for 124 gr JHP bullets MG (montanagoldbullet.com, Kalispell, MT) is $350 for a case of 3750 (free shipping). PD (precisiondelta.com, Ruleville, MS) is $89 per thousand when you buy 2000 or more, so 3000 are $267, (free shipping). Interested readers can check it out for themselves.

For me, I've used both and don't find a huge difference. I know that others are loyal to one brand or the other, so do what works best for you.

Yeah dude... I buy cases, so there you have it. 3k deltas cost the same as 3750 MGs, I ain't asking you homie.

Well, if you are after the facts, and not just argument, then PD discount works on lots of 2000. That means, if you buy 3000, you get 2000 for 8.9 cents ea, but the third one will hit you in the face with its regular price.

The simple way out of that predicament is to buy in lots of 2000.

Since the shipment is free, you can buy as often as you wish.

Since the PD is cheaper, and I use a lot of ammo in practice, it is an easy decision for me. I truly don't see any appreciable difference in performance, to me they are interchangeable. Match ammo gets the MG's. Easy to tell apart that way, too.

Edited by Foxbat

Well, if you are after the facts, and not just argument, then PD discount works on lots of 2000. That means, if you buy 3000, you get 2000 for 8.9 cents ea, but the third one will hit you in the face with its regular price.

The simple way out of that predicament is to buy in even lots. 2000... 4000... 20,000...

Since the PD is cheaper, and I use a lot of ammo in practice, it is an easy decision for me. I truly don't see any appreciable difference in performance, to me they are interchangeable. Match ammo gets the MG's. Easy to tell apart that way, too.

It's even better than that. I just tried an order of 3000, and it came up as $267 ($89/k). Apparently it's $89 for everything after 2000. (I wonder if they have higher-quantity discounts; maybe if you call them...)

The simple way out of that predicament is to buy in even lots. 2000... 4000... 20,000...

It's even better than that. I just tried an order of 3000, and it came up as $267 ($89/k). Apparently it's $89 for everything after 2000. (I wonder if they have higher-quantity discounts; maybe if you call them...)

They do. Not sure on exact pricing but it goes down at 8 and 20k.

You must call in the order to get this pricing.

They do. Not sure on exact pricing but it goes down at 8 and 20k.

You must call in the order to get this pricing.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

The simple way out of that predicament is to buy in lots of 2000.

Bingo.

The real point is, there is no mechanism with MG to get down to 8.9 cents a bullet (the price when your order 2000 PD's). Even if you buy 8 CASES at a time, I believe you'd still be over 9 cents a bullet. And at that point, you'd be eligible for a 20,000 price break from PD (have to call them), which would make them MUCH better value than the MGs.

Correct.

The $89 per 1000 takes effect on everything after the 2k mark.

It's ok... Math is tough sometimes :cheers:

It's ok... Math is tough sometimes :cheers:

Lol I was thinking the same thing. I reiterate to anyone reading this that PD are cheaper and there's nothing special you have to do other than to buy 2000 or more. MG sells theirs in different quantities and the best way to buy them is by a "case" which is 3750 ct or something like that and they end up being something like.10 bullet. And PD .89 c bullet if you buy 2k or more. At the end of all the math the simple answer is Precicion deltas are cheaper.

I like them both but I am broke so I started shooting coated. I'll buy PD if I go jacketed simply because they are cheaper. Oh yea and because America.

Uh, did Montana secede from the United States? Darn!

Lol I was more or less making a joke about "because America" they're both American companies. If the price was the same I'd go Montana golds because I think they look cool.

What a relief! I was about to go to the map to see if it was still there. :mellow:

I also use PD bullets for my self defense loads as well. So it's a win win for me.

Thank you mr postman for taking attention off of my America post ?This thread will now shift to the direction of don't reload for self defense. ??

Anyone know what the 8k "bulk" discount is from PD? I'd like to run their stuff but plated/coated is still cheaper!

I used several thousand of their 124 JHP in 9mm before and they is good stuff!

Where do you buy plated from? I never found any played cheaper than PD when you factor in shipping costs. Also don't like plated because they were terribly inaccurate for me but just curious because I always found them to be more expensive than PD

Edited by Shmella

So our newer members don't get confused, for 124 gr JHP bullets MG (montanagoldbullet.com, Kalispell, MT) is $350 for a case of 3750 (free shipping). PD (precisiondelta.com, Ruleville, MS) is $89 per thousand when you buy 2000 or more, so 3000 are $267, (free shipping). Interested readers can check it out for themselves.

For me, I've used both and don't find a huge difference. I know that others are loyal to one brand or the other, so do what works best for you.

PD says they are 89 bucks per 1000, but when I added 3, to my cart it was $351 so I bought MG. Maybe you have to do something special to get them for $89????? but they didnt just come in the cart that way.

You are correct here. Yes, the PD has something funny with their site. I tried 2000 - got $89 per.

I then tried 3000 - got $117 times three!

I then tried 4000 - got $117 times four!

Edited by Foxbat