Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 ROCKCASTLE PRO AM 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the 2016 Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship, to be held on August 19-21, 2016 at the Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, Kentucky, U.S.A.

We are pleased to say that everything is coming together nicely for the match. A ton of sponsors, vendors, competitors, and staff have commited to help make the 2016 Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship another one for the record books. As usual, we are working hard to ensure that the Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship is the "must shoot" match of the year.

The Match Director, Gary Welborn is working hard to create 15 fun and challenging stages, 8 for the Pros and 7 for the Ams. And "The Rock" has some new targets and toys on property that should make for some great competition.

Registration is right around the corner, on February 16th, at 9:30 PM EST. The Stats and Registration manager, and evryones favorite by the way, Linda Chico will be following this thread with all of the inforamation you need to get registered to shoot the 2016 Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship.

The official match website is www.rock3gun.com and along with this thread, and the Rockcastle Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShootTheRock will continue to be the official locations for information and announcements.

Major Sponsor announcemnets will follow in the months to come.

We look forward to seeing all of you at "The Rock" in August for some epic 3 gun fun!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2016 Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Match will be held August 19-21. Registration Will Open on Feb 16, 2016 at 9:30 PM Eastern Time.

Match fee is $250 for Pro and $150 for Am. Signing up for the match is a 2 step process.

First, you sign in to obtain a registration code - http://www.lchico5u.com/ProAmCodes.html. The sign in process (to get a registration code for the application) as noted will start Tuesday, February 16th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain & 6:30 PM Pacific). I will not accept applications without a code. Please note that filling in the screen is NOT a speed event. Errors in the email address or phone number may make it impossible to reach you. Please make sure contact information is correct. On February 16th, get to the webpage a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only click on the "submit" button once the time is correct. I will email you a code after you successfully submit the information to me after 9:30 PM February 16th.

These are 2 separate matches held at the same time: Different number of days to shoot, different stages, and different prize tables. You are welcome to try and obtain a registration code for both matches, but you will have to decide which match you prefer to shoot before filling out the application. There will be separate registration lists and separate waiting lists for the Pro & Am matches.

I will send an email message to let you know the Registration Code & provide a link to the application. Or, you will be notified that your Registration Code is too high and have the option of being placed on a waiting list.

Once the application is complete, I will match the code to your name & approve the application. New this year, once approved, you will pay the march fees online with a debit or credit card. You will have 14 days to pay the fees after you are approved.

Linda Chico

That's always a good thing most matches would kill for more help!!

I'm working on the staff. As usual there is an RO waiting list. I am always amazed at the number of staff volunteers we have. If you have not heard back from me register as a shooter. You can always decline the slot later.

When you get a message that you successfully signed in . . . STOP. You only need to do this once. Pike Spraggins & David Noe - I am talking to you. Several others also. I'm not complaining about 4 or 5 sign in's. More than 10 is too many. It will just take me longer to weed out the duplicates and will delay sending out Registration Code.

Linda Chico

Sent from my DTR10 using Tapatalk

Linda you must hate this night.

No, not really. It is great when something you have been working on for two months actually comes together flawlessly. My work gets easier from here out.

Linda Chico

Rock castle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

Why sign in more than once?

Since the first few fractions of a second may mean the difference between being in the match or being on the waiting list, many shooters set up the sign in on several different devices: desktop computer, laptop, tablet & phone. They can increase the chance of being in the match if they hit several at once. Some people have non-competitors sign them in because they are at work, or someplace they are not able to use the internet. They will ask several friends/relatives to sign them in, in order to be sure they get a slot.

The problem is that once they see the message that starts with "added entry for 'John Doe' from 99.42.55.778 . . ." it is time to stop. They will not get a better or earlier time. At that point, they are just creating work for me. It is not common, just a few people every year. And I am sure they do it because they are not certain how this system works. Only the first successful sign in counts.

Linda Chico

Rock castle ProAm 3 Gun Statistican

All emails with Registration Codes are sent for both matches. Waiting list emails will go out tomorrow. There are 8 people who had emails that bounced back. 2 were people who provided a street address, rather than an email address (I suspect they used auto-fill). 3 were invalid addresses (the problem is usually typos from 'speed typing' or fat fingers on tiny phone keyboards) and two were blocked by the recipients firewalls because I was an unknown contact and their Internet Service Provider decided I was sending spam.

If you signed in tonight, and do not have an email from me by tomorrow evening, please contact me at lchico@sc.rr.com

Linda Chico
Rock castle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

So paying for the t shirt and the match fee are two separate transactions? Do we pay via Practiscore or call the lodge with CC info like in the past?

You pay via Practiscore for all. And they are two separate transactions. Some people buy shirts who are not shooters in the match.

Linda Chico