Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

So to clarify, a 1x red dot means playing in optic (scope) division and only true irons is allowed in irons division?

Can your squad mates help coach while you shoot or will they not be on the stage since it's semi surprise?

From listening to SOF stories, round counts were generally low but technical. Any idea what to expect? Trying to figure out what gear I currently have and how many mags, shells etc to plan on carrying

There are not "divisions" per se in this match.

On every stage of the match where the rifle is used, there will be a 100% scope winner and a 100% iron winner, with percentages ranging down from there for the two different rifle types. Your call which to run. Otherwise it's heads up among all competitors in the match for shotgun and pistol stages.

To your questions:

yes, yes

no, no

yes :devil:

ericm

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... So I can run my Akdal as long as I put irons on it. Gamechanger Going to have to see if it can run #4 buck consistently.

You might want to also make sure it runs larger buck as well.

... So I can run my Akdal as long as I put irons on it. Gamechanger Going to have to see if it can run #4 buck consistently.

4.3. No compensators on any weapon unless general military or in issue form. Through the barrel and /or slide porting is considered a compensator.

They used to make anyone with a ported shotgun bbl cover the ports: I saw lots of rubber, sheet tin and hose clamps.

We'll do the same......

ericm

Edited by ericm

SOF was my introduction to 3gun. It was extremely humbling.

Thank you guys for putting this on, there have been some great matches since but nothing compares to the pain/fun of a no walk-thru match.

Carl

Eric, what about lightening cuts in a slide? They are no ports in the barrel.

Shiny. We stand silent on that per the rules....

....curious, though: Are they designed to let more dirt in or allow more dirt to fall clear (in a purely theoretical situation, of course) :devil:

ericm

What about suppressors on rifles? A lot of .mil units issue them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stand silent on this equipment as well (since those more knowledgeable than I on suppressors assure me that the "compensator" effect is nothing like my JP B. Cooley Comp.

HOWEVER, the rifle must meet weight with the suppressor attached (and I think we're gonna say it has to stay mounted for the entire match....'cause we're not gonna let you re-zero between every stage - don't be silly)

Since this is the Resurgence, don't be surprised if, upon failure to register your last shot due to your suppressor, that the RO merely estimates your time from the last recorded shot on the timer OR asks you to shoot one more shot to stop the clock. In other words, this here silencer ain't no gaur-an-tee of a bunch o' reshoots.

Savvy?

ericm

No walk throughs and you're going to guess at the time for suppressor shooters? I'll pass, and I hope I'm not the only one.

I am sure he was joking...sort of.

In all seriousness, RO's will be briefed on IF there is suppressor to put/hold closer to the muzzle on the last shot(s). And yes no walk throughs, semi-surprise, stages will be gone over in the shooter meeting, with diagrams and general information which obviously will not be to scale.

J

It's silly really, even the quietest 556 cans are still around 130db's. We have 20-30 shooters shooting .22's in steel challenge matches which are quieter I think. Never had issues with the timers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about watermelon. Some times the troops get to eat watermelon in the chow hall. How about under armour? I think I might be able to shoot .01sec faster splits with milspec under armour.

Yes, you can wear watermelon lip gloss and under armour....the rules are silent on all of that

ericm

How about watermelon. Some times the troops get to eat watermelon in the chow hall. How about under armour? I think I might be able to shoot .01sec faster splits with milspec under armour.

Yes, you can wear watermelon lip gloss and under armour....the rules are silent on all of that

ericm

Awesome! My anatomical under armour makes my package look bigger. Now I'll win for sure!

Looks like it will be a great match. I will move Heaven and Earth to make it. I have some rules questions, but will table those for the moment... rules, position and prizes will be a distant second to the experience.

Any word on how many match slots there will be? I can imagine this event will be over-subscribed. Will entries be accepted on a "first come, first served", random draw, or other basis? It would be unfortunate if the match filled up with sponsored shooters and industry professionals during SHOT pre-registration. leaving few slots for us little people. We struggle with this every year at SMM3G and try to do the best we can, but inevitably some folks are disappointed.

I have not been this excited about a match in years... giggling like a schoolgirl here :roflol:

Looks like it will be a great match. I will move Heaven and Earth to make it. I have some rules questions, but will table those for the moment... rules, position and prizes will be a distant second to the experience.

Any word on how many match slots there will be? I can imagine this event will be over-subscribed. Will entries be accepted on a "first come, first served", random draw, or other basis? It would be unfortunate if the match filled up with sponsored shooters and industry professionals during SHOT pre-registration. leaving few slots for us little people. We struggle with this every year at SMM3G and try to do the best we can, but inevitably some folks are disappointed.

I have not been this excited about a match in years... giggling like a schoolgirl here :roflol:

The original was always about 220 entries. That is our cap as well.

More preliminary info can be found at the register link at the website.

http://resurgence3gun.com/

I don't even know if they had sponsored shooters or not (free slots for prize sponsors, that is...) at the original matches, but we are planning on some sponsor slots, but by no means the entire match (can you imagine the consternation if every shooter was wearing a sponsor shirt instead of camo??? The "offensive" colors would make us swoon. At least the basepad and gear colors will be subdued.....OR ELSE...) :devil:

ericm

Some quibbles:

1) The 5 in max pistol barrel rule is from a time before the long slide Glock which is issued by many a SWAT team. I think the rule should be modified to allow for longer barreled pistols.

2) Why oh why require buckshot on steel knock down targets? I'm ok with buckshot on paper or even buckshot steel plates but why make the competitors knock down pepper poppers etc at 3-4X the cost of birdshot.

Can't wait to attend though.

If we change the rules it won't be an SOF type match now will it?

By the by, long slide Glocks were available. I know because I had to buy a model 22 upper end for my model 24, so I'm thinking 5".

If you don't like to shoot buckshot perhaps you should stay home and iron the lace on your underwear instead of shooting such an arduous match. Can't you just hear Johnny Wilson saying that ? :lol: