Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 11-14, 2016

Well, there's good news and there's bad news!
It's January 9, the date all the "newbies" have been waiting for, and I got a number of them into the match. Yeah! :goof:
The sad news is, I couldn't get everyone in! :(
We still have about 25 people on the waitlist at this time.
We will be at SHOT, and after we get all the sponsors nailed down, we SHOULD be able to get some more people off the waitlist!
I wish I could get everyone in, but facilities and time constaints just prohibit it!
Keep sending those apps. Turns out I got quite a few people in last year after this point, so there is still hope!
Sent emails to all the newbies that I received apps for - one way or the other!
Hope to see all of you in August!

:wub: Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're renting a car, don't overlook that in the overall cost of the trip. Not to mention checked baggage fees. I fly into Albuquerque since Southwest doesn't go to Colorado Springs. Dollar rent a car is usually much cheaper there than Denver.

And Dan would know. He flies out twice every year!

Thank-you!!! :bow:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder about the Team match.

4 people teams, all different divisions (4 out of 5)

EVERY team shoots the team stage as a team...it's semi-blind.

Top teams shoot in the shoot-offs on Sunday. Cash pay back!

All money in goes back to the shooters.

Applications are at: http://rm3gworld.webs.com/applications AND http://rm3g.com/

:goof:

• 3 months later...

Target Count (Steel must fall/indicate to score - paper needs 1 A or B or 2 anywhere to avoid penalty)

Stage 1 – 3-Gun – 12 birdshot, 15 rifle(350 yds), 15 pistol – rifle sling

Stage 2 – Pistol/Rifle– 20 pistol, 20 rifle (paper and steel) 500 yds – rifle sling

Stage 3 – Rifle – 25 steel (600 yds), 5 paper

Stage 4 – 3-Gun – 6 slugs, 6 birdshot, 15 pistol, 12 rifle steel(250 yds) – rifle sling

Stage 5 – Shotgun/Rifle – 8 slugs, 10 birdshot, 10 rifle paper, 12 rifle steel (400 yds) – rifle sling

Stage 6 – Shotgun Bird Stage – 40 birdshot

Stage 7 – Pistol – 25 pistol paper, 20 pistol steel

Stage 8 – Pistol/Shotgun – 35 choice targets birdshot/pistol

Stage 9 – 3-Gun – 15 rifle steel(250 yds) , 15 pistol steel, 6 slugs, 4 birdshot

Rifle distances are farthest possible in that area. Most will be less than max distance.

Pistol shots out to 50yds/60 yds max

Slugs out to 100 yds or so max

Rifle – 109
Pistol – 110 plus Stage 8
Birdshot – 72 plus stage 8
Slugs - 20

There may be small adjustments as we put the stages on the ground. Terrain changes in the rain...visibility etc. But this should be close...but be sure to bring MORE!!! You might miss one or two!

Also, if you are signed up for the team shoot, the stage ALL teams will shoot will have 2 rifle shooters with about 15 rounds each, 1 pistol shooter with around 20, 1 shotgun shooter with about 15 birdshot, 6 slugs. You won't know who is shooting what until you get your mission brief. So, please plan accordingly!

Check out http://rm3g.com/ for information and ALL our amazing sponsors.

Also, check out our Facebook page for pictures and more information: https://www.facebook.com/Rocky-Mountain-3-Gun-685683584856690/

:wub:

Can't wait, RM3G is just around the corner! :goof: Not shooting Heavy this year,,, but,, I think I'll shoot my 308, rifle,, Benelli M2 and 9mm,,, just CUZ,,, just got the 308 out of the locker and re-zeroed it,, was able to hit the prairie dog steel at 400. I know the Gun can do it. 308 is never having to ask the RO IF I hit the plate. :ph34r:

Can't wait, RM3G is just around the corner! :goof: Not shooting Heavy this year,,, but,, I think I'll shoot my 308, rifle,, Benelli M2 and 9mm,,, just CUZ,,, just got the 308 out of the locker and re-zeroed it,, was able to hit the prairie dog steel at 400. I know the Gun can do it. 308 is never having to ask the RO IF I hit the plate. :ph34r:

:roflol::roflol: See you soon!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Denise, when will stage diagrams and descriptions be coming out? Also when will the competitors able to do a walk thru? Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

You will get...ummm....relatively useless pictures in your match booklet upon check-in.

With natural terrain...they are just general ideas.

You have target count in email, on Facebook and Enos...also at http://rm3gworld.webs.com/about

We do have 5 and two half stages on the ground...and target count is very close so far. (Had a small group come down/up to help us out today!)

Competitors may walk through August 9-10, 2016 as long as the RO's are not shooting. You may watch them shoot, but need to stay back, so the RO's can have their own time on the stages. We also ask that you try not to ask them questions as we are trying to allow our RO's to shoot as well as they can....and you know how important concentration is! :surprise:

As you walk through, there will be an accurate(hopefully) stage diagram with briefing on each and every stage that you can read.

Hope that helps!

:wub: Denise

You will get...ummm....relatively useless pictures in your match booklet upon check-in.

This is why I love you Denise...and natural terrain matches.

It's fitting b/c my stage plans normally consist of me having a general idea of what I'm going to do!

This is why I love you Denise...and natural terrain matches.

It's fitting b/c my stage plans normally consist of me having a general idea of what I'm going to do!

:roflol::roflol::roflol: