Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's good to hear. My autodrive is now about 6 months out of warranty and still sitting new in the box on a shelf. I sure hope the tablet works when I get around to trying to install it...
  3. It could be the disco doesn't work with that combo. What exactly does it do or not do? Ask him if he has the original parts.
  4. I was able to get the hook-up! Thanks for the help!
  5. Today
  6. Didnt know until this. i have three slides, all with aftec 9/38sc extractors. 2 sti- run in both super and sc, 1 caspian- runs in sc only. Will run super if i use super aftec in it. I dont know what cal. slides are they. I always thought they were 9s made to super by the gsmith.
  7. Awesome. Thanks. any idea why the DA feels… bad?
  8. It looks like they all are Cajun Gun Works parts. You have the race hammer, 85c trigger, CGW Trigger pin and one of two different types of disconnector CGW sells. FP could also be different because certain discos require a different FP setup.
  9. Thought of something that might be of interest.......... Several years ago while visiting Dawson Precision with a 2019 Staccato P (4.15"), I actually got to meet Dave and have a discussion about adjustable sights and his new Tool-Less Guide Rod made specifically for this first edition "P". Ended up buying the guide rod and he sent me a 3 pack of these recoil springs to test with the new guide rod: https://dawsonprecision.com/recoil-springs-for-dp-4-15-tool-less-guide-rod-9mm-by-dawson-precision/ They worked perfectly and offered enough difference in spring rate to use with any ammo I was loading!! Would these springs be an option for the OPs needs?
  10. That's excellent news, I'm happy that everything worked out for you.
  11. @scuba31 Thanks for sharing this info! Happy Easter! Ben
  12. Good stuff!! I’ve got PCC, Prod or CO options in the safe. Probably will start with PCC and see what happens! Thanks again!
  13. I quite like the holders that I bought some years ago. I can no longer find them, and there's no brand marked on them. A European product, I believe. They are one piece of pretty rigid plastic. One way up they fit L-frame speedloaders, the other way they fit K-frame size. The speedloader is inserted by pushing it straight down in to the holder. The "ears" surround the speedloader partially, and will flex just enough that you can release by pulling them horizontally away from your body. There's a slot that can be used to thread the holder onto a belt. Or the slot can be used to mount two holders onto a Tek-Lok belt attachment. I hope I make sense...
  14. Loaded 3.9 gr of E3 under Hornady 230 gr FMJ-RN with 1.250" OAL. Range brass with Winchester LPP. 6 shots over the chrono gave these results: FPS PF High 764 744 171 Low 744 762 175 Av 755 764 175 ES 20 761 175 SD 7 757 174 756 173 Very accurate and soft shooting.
  15. Floyd's makes a magwell I believe compatible with only their mag extensions. I'm not sure about the TTI allowing over insertion. My 4 ZRTS extensions are perfect with the stock magwell. I think Henning is working on a magwell but time will tell about that.
  16. 34 slide is the same weight as the 17 slide, that's what the cutout is for. If you think the slide moves slower it's an illusion / confirmation bias. 34's longer barrel gives you more velocity, worth 1 or 2 tenths of a grain of a fast powder. I suppose it's worth nothing if you shoot factory. I would get a 34 mostly because I've had one for 20 years and am very accustomed to it, and I see no advantages to a 17 other than 50-ish bucks of sticker price.
  17. To be sure I have this right - for the PDP SF Match, the only extended basepads that fit the factory magwell are: TTI Versatile and ZRTS , and TTI allows over-insertion. And no one makes an aftermarket magwell yet. Do I have that right?
  18. The primary difference is just frame mounted optic, major PF and weight. And I guess capacity unless you live in NJ. Yeah, open guns have bigger comps and more ports. But that's a byproduct of the major power factor.
  19. I am guessing my old caspian was a super slide, at minor it would run both just fine... at major it was kinda an either or.. I either got occasional failure to extract super comp, or failure to feed super.. Simple solution for me was to fit 2 extractors, one blued for super, one stainless for super comp.. I ended up just sorting brass, back then it wasnt hard I could see
  20. whaaaaaat, that is friggin ridiculous. certainly some if not most, of the dq-able events in uspsa (180, handling ammo at the safe table, removing holster with gun in it not at a safe table, handling your gun outside a safe area, etc) have no bearing on actually being safe outside of a match. on a more practical matter, are the cops really going to keep a list somewhere of all this? public or private, where is it posted or saved, who is responsible for updating and checking accuracy? does this list include issues outside of competitive shooting - guy puts one thru the floorboard or a wall in his house, etc? perhaps this is just an April 1 thing a few days early...
  21. Oh man. I miss Triple C also. I found that one too late. I had never really paid it much attention because it's a good bit west of me, but then the wife and I went out there for a Robert Vogel class, and discovered what an amazing facility it was. A couple years later the trust/lease dispute happened and *poof*
  22. SIG's "GSR" from 15 years ago stood for "Granite Series Rail" IIRC. They're not-new to breaking from tradition if they want to. But, just like 45 is by far the most common 1911 caliber, by far most of the pistols in the case at the gun store just have iron sights too. I'd bet a 10mm is on the roadmap. Seems like it's the trendy single stack now.
  23. Looking at redhill page it seems the holsters are low cut in front.. IIRC seems like there was a thing about the holster having to come up past the ejection port.. Is that true in IDPA or USPSA production ?
  24. I am happy to report that after a second round with the vendor on Aliexpress (first digitizer they sent me was faulty, too) I have now a perfectly working tablet again. Cost was 13 EUR, so not too bad at all! Happy Easter, Chris
  25. Sub compact tiny 45 Autos fall into this category. "Yeah that would be cool! I'd love to see an ultra tiny 45 Auto!" This is followed by, "Hey this thing kicks like a mule!" With all that said, adding an optic cut and/or rail to the legacy 1911 is a pretty conservative step. This was radical or blasphemous ten or fifteen years ago but I think the market is ready now.
  1. Load more activity