Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which division do you find the most fun?

Pro2AInPA

I've seen a lot of discussion about which division is best because it helps improve skills the most or which division is best because it gives a shooter the best chance to get to the prize table, etc. But in your experience, which division do you all find to just be the most flat out FUN, and why?

:cheers:

Edited by Pro2AInPA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Open Its like watching a movie that you don't want to end. sometimes getting to See a bullet before it misses a plate and watch the make-up shot develope and happen about the same time the miss reaches the burm.

<_< I like the front row seat to the show

Love Open. It minimizes my vision issues, the guns look and feel like F1 cars and shooting a stage feels like running around with your hair on fire.

That being said when I get my CZ back from Rich I am looking forward to shooting Limited again. Just a different game than Open.

I guess one good thing is that like others, I've been blessed to shoot basically all the divisions with the exception of those funny guns with the round thingy in the middle.

Open was where I went when I started. At the time, none of the other divisions were all that big. I loved shooting open, and pushing the edge. I probably saw the most success shooting open in the games. A ton of fun!

Limited began to get big somewhere in there. I shot a single stack in limited back then. My transition to limited was a blast, I loved it.

After a stint in limited, I switched back to open, and oh my! Did I learn a ton. It was remarkable being able to see all that I could see with those guns.

Then, predictably, back to limited. And Lim-10. When I switched back, for whatever reason, I knew Open would never really be my game again. And honestly, I've not shot an open gun since. I still own a few, but haven't shot one. In fact, I've got the "best" open gun I've ever had - and never shot a match with it. Probably doesn't have 200 rounds through it.

Now I shoot primarily production. I find it the most fun. The most challenging. Accuracy is so much more important than the other games, yet speed is equally important. Reloads are important. Strategy is important. Seeing is important.

I feel like I'll shoot limited again someday. Maybe not, but it wouldn't feel bad. Production is a blast for me, and even after shooting all the other divisions, it has proven to be both incredibly fun and very challenging.

Jack

That's a tough one for me. I just love shooting so I am debating if one is funner than the others to me. I would have to say maybe either Production or Limited but I really love Open and Single Stack too.

Tough question to answer really. I'm more of an Open shooter than anything else, but sometimes it can be a bit intense....trying to pull off really hard shots quickly to squeeze one more target in before a swinger or dropout or something like that....pressure, but fun.

When I shoot Single Stack it's always fun because you normally don't have the option of trying all the things you might with a Limited or Open gun so you really have to just shoot the stages the way the designer intended and simply execute well if you want to place well.....no tricks, no fancy stuff, just shoot, reload and move. It's probably the most "pure" of all the divisions (except revolver) and is a total hoot. R,

I have always loved single stack best. I toy around in production sometimes because the ammo is cheap and I think it's the most "real." I've recently shot a few matches in limited and I'm totally hooked.

I have no idea what my favorite is. Probably limited at the moment, but single stack will always have a special place in my heart.

Limited-SIX aka Revolver

It's a Division with emphasis on solid strategy and high disaster factor. The satisfaction of shoooting a stage well, when you have very little margin for error is very rewarding.

Also, assuming you maintain the gun, there are very few things that go wrong with a revolvers during the stage so you have less excuses when you shoot poorly.

When i first started shooting USPSA in 2003, there wasn't a Singlestack division. I had a 1911 Colt that I really liked, so I started shooting L10. Most of the people in the club that I joined either shot Limited or Open, so L10 required me to somewhat develope my own strategy for stages (instead of coping the more experienced shooters), I like that. Six years later and i am still shooting L10 (one day I will order some 8rd Wilson mags and shoot Singlestack). I have shot the other divisions occasionaly, but I just like my old Colt and the challenges of L10 :cheers: .

Hurley