Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Dad forgetting my birthday

RangerTrace

My Mom died in March 2003. A short time later (3 months), my Dad was dating and he got married that December. Good for him, I'm glad he is happy and has someone to take care of him.

However, his birthday is in October and I call him, send him a card or a gift every year. Still, some how, some way, 6 weeks later, he always forgets my birthday :mellow: The first year it actually hurt my feelings. Now its just amusing. I'm the only child he had with my mom and his only son who hasn't been to jail or prison.

On another note, I also hate sucking at matches. I shot my first ever steel challenge match in Longview today. It looks really easy on TV, but I had my tail handed to me :surprise: No excuses, just trying to go faster than I could see.

Edited by rangertrace

Happy Birthday brutha!

It's funny, but just yesterday I said something about you to my boss. He said "you've got a friend who's really a Ranger? Wow!". He asked what county and it turns out he grew up not far from Athens. He then spent like half an hour pulling up the website, found your picture and everything....he thought it was extremely cool.

I said "yeah, he was cool, but he just sold his Open gun so now he's kind of a wuss" :roflol: Just kiddin'

Happy birthday man...

Hubby's dad forgets his birthday regularly too. No reason, just busy I guess.

As for sucking at the matches, I guess it's just a matter of remembering that accuracy is more important than speed.

my dad never remembers my birthday. never has and I talk to him or see him every week. I gave up a long time ago. best wishes my friend.

My dad almost never forgets to get me something, just not on the day. He just knows I was born in "April, a couple of weeks after your Sister's birthday."

He still comes through with a call within a couple of weeks and a gift too, so I can't bitch. I think my mom has been reminding him of their anniversary since '61. :surprise:

eta: Happy Birthday!!

Edited by JimmyZip